Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2007, 03:48 AM

Kinda ripping you a little but to have legal liquor in the room before boarding makes it worth it. Plus with the romance package I will also be having a bottle of sparkiling wine. So I will be pretty much setup for the first few hours of the trip.

We arent going to be getting inebriated by whats in the room but more of a relaxation beverage before doing onboard festivites.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:04 AM
Banned

That still seems cheaper than buying drink by drink though.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:16 AM

After my travel agent gave me my confirmation number, I called reservations to make sure everything was correct. It wasnít. I donít know if it was NCL or my TA, but I had to correct several errors. None of it was too serious, but I wasnít pleased. I did find the NCL reps to be friendly and helpful.

I sent a bon voyage party to parents on their last NCL cruise, and everything was set up as ordered with no problems.

Bottom line: I always follow up everything with everybody no matter what and get it in writing. I print everything out and take it with me on trips in a binder, so I have all my maps, phone numbers, insurance policies, directions and confirmation numbers handy if needed.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by carlg:
That still seems cheaper than buying drink by drink though.
Thats what I figured. I figure what 10 drinks per bottle depending on how "stiff" you make them. So say 25 drinks at cruise line cost of say 6 bucks thats 150 dollars vs my 95. Savings of 55 dollars. Thats 9 drinks "on the house"
Old 03-28-2007, 09:04 AM
Banned

Not to mention, you save 15% on the automatic gratuity added to each drink.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:30 AM

Ok so instead of starting another stupid question thread I figured I could just add it here.

Is there a restriction on size of shampos and stuff? I know the airlines now require those small travel bottles and I was just wondering if cruise lines are doing the same.

Thanks again guys and gals
Old 04-03-2007, 10:08 AM

There is no restriction on bottle size for the cruise. They do have shampoo in your cabin.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:00 PM

ANYONE OUT THIER TRAVEL OUT OF NY ON THE 27TH OF MAY IT'S MINE AND MY WIFES 1ST CRUISE
Old 04-03-2007, 02:59 PM

Bottle/liquid sizes are only significant to carry on pieces is my understanding. What size bottles you put in your checked luggage doesn't seem to matter.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:47 PM
Banned

Jude:

I agree with you that there is savings by purchasing your liquor for the stateroom. However since you want to make this a romantic trip, don't be cheap on the drinks. There is nothing like sitting down before dinner and having a drink in a great atmosphere like one of the lounges on the ship. You can't duplicate the atmosphere of a nice lounge after dinner, with soft lights, live music and others present. Consider these options when on board. Having an after dinner drink in one of show theatres is also nice. So while you may save a few bucks on in room drinks, theres nothing more romantic than taking your partner out into the ship and enjoying one of the fine lounges on board, its always a great atmosphere and can be very romantic and intimate for a party of two. Also don't forget about a nice romantic dinner for two with a bottle of wine at your table. You certainly won't want to visit a lounge at night listening to music and order water, nor a nice dinner out in one of the restaurants and order water for your partner. This will be a very memorable trip for you and your partner, make it nice and she will certainly fall in love with you. Get the romance package on NCL for $79.00 and enjoy the eveing in Le Bistro with that bottle of wine, I suggested. That's romantic.

Closed Thread