Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2006, 07:16 PM

So Ron if you go to a restaurant and they drop your plate on the floor, you are okay if they scoop it off the floor and serve it to you anyway, right?

The service industry is all about paying hard earned cash (or however one comes by it,) for service. The better cruise lines are known for great service and the other ones are not. This is simply a forum to help people know from other cruisers what kind of service to expect!

I guess by your standards, people should expect less of an NCL cruise. I have sailed NCL and I think they do a fine job most of the time. They should be called out if there service is bad as should any other line.

All I know is that Celebrity will go twice as far to make their passengers happy as NCL will.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Chef Ken:
So Ron if you go to a restaurant and they drop your plate on the floor, you are okay if they scoop it off the floor and serve it to you anyway, right?

The service industry is all about paying hard earned cash (or however one comes by it,) for service. The better cruise lines are known for great service and the other ones are not. This is simply a forum to help people know from other cruisers what kind of service to expect!

I guess by your standards, people should expect less of an NCL cruise. I have sailed NCL and I think they do a fine job most of the time. They should be called out if there service is bad as should any other line.

All I know is that Celebrity will go twice as far to make their passengers happy as NCL will.
I expect the server to go back and get a new dish of food, and for someone to clean up the mess on the floor.
Good service doesn't mean the customer is always right. Good service often occurs when the server answers with a no.
If yes is always the correct answer, then teenagers should be served alcohol beverages aboard ships. But in this case, good service should require the no answer, imho.

In the case mentioned earlier, the mess was cleaned up. The lady in the wheelchair got to go on her shore excursion. Although we don't know if that endnagered other passengers, or if that shore excursion is considered much to dangerous for less mobile passengers.

For example, here's NCL's shore excursions with suggested activity level guidlines for Maui:
1> Haleakala Crater 1-Wheelchair Accessible
2> Haleakala Crater & Maui Ocean Center 1-Wheelchair Accessible
3> Maui Tropical Plantation & Iao Valley 1-Wheelchair Accessible
4> The Maui Ocean Center & Iao Valley 1-Wheelchair Accessible
5> Lahaina On Your Own 1-Wheelchair Accessible
6> Best Of West Maui Best Of West Maui 1-Wheelchair Accessible
7> Road To Hana 1-Not Wheelchair Accessible
8> Kahakluloa - Secret Hawaiian Valley 2-Not Wheelchair Accessible
9> Atlantis Submarine 1-Not Wheelchair Accessible
10> Beach Day At Ka'anapali 1-Not Wheelchair Accessible
11> Molokini & Turtle Arches Snorkel 2-Not Wheelchair Accessible
12> Pacific Paradise Luau 1-Wheelchair Accessible
13> Rainforest & Waterfall Hike 2-Not Wheelchair Accessible and Age Restrictions
14> Haleakala Zipline Adventure 2-Not Wheelchair Accessible, Weight and Age Restrictions
15> Haleakala Ranch Horseback Riding 2-Not Wheelchair Accessible, Weight and Age Restrictions
16> Lanai Expedition - 4x4 Trekker 1-Not Wheelchair Accessible
17> Maui Downhill Bicycling Adventure 3-Not Wheelchair Accessible and Age Restrictions
18> Catch A Wave! 2-Not Wheelchair Accessible and Age Restrictions
19> Kayak & Snorkel 2-Not Wheelchair Accessible and Age Restrictions
20> Discover Scuba - Beginner 2-Not Wheelchair Accessible and Age Restrictions
21> Turtle Reef Scuba 2-Not Wheelchair Accessible, Scuba Certified and Age Restrictions
22> Discover Windsurfing 2-Not Wheelchair Accessible
23> Haleakala ATV Adventure 2-Not Wheelchair Accessible, Weight and Age Restrictions
24> Discover Lanai Catamaran, Beach Snorkel & Sunset Sail 2-Not Wheelchair Accessible
25> Golf At Wailea - Emerald Course 1-Not Wheelchair Accessible
26> Golf At Makenea - South Course 1-Not Wheelchair Accessible
27> Golf At Makenea - North Course 1-Not Wheelchair Accessible
28> Warren & Annabelle's 1-Not Wheelchair Accessible and Age Restrictions
29> Golf At Wailea - Gold Course 1-Not Wheelchair Accessible
30> Haleakala Downhill Bicycle Adventure At Sunrise 3-Not Wheelchair Accessible and Age Restrictions
31> Haleakala Crater At Sunrise 2-Not Wheelchair Accessible.

Of the 31 listed shore excursions available, only 7 are listed as being wheelchair accessible. T/hat means over 75% aren't recommended for passengers requiring wheelchairs. There's age and weight limitations listed on several excursions too.

I suppose you think NCL represenatives should overlook them as well. Good service shouldn't mean "anything goes". Much consideration is given by NCL on listing these limitations and suggestions.

Should an individual employee decision overide company policy? I don't think so.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:46 PM

Wow.............Gezzz Ron I was really impressed by your list. HOw long did that take to put that together or is just something that you have on file.

I must have missed the part where you said how much NCL pays you to run this site.

It's aparent that you have NEVER HAD a bad cruise, or have never gotten your monies worth in life. HOw wonderful. Wish you would share your secret with the rest of us.

Thank Goodness for Garrett and Cheif Ken who arn't afraid to expose the fraud in NCL.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:13 PM

WHOA leave Ron alone, boys! Ron is the man for info (electric or otherwise). He's not an employee of NCL. He just has a lot of stats.

Can we stop arguing about NCL? It is what it is. I actually love NCL. I'm just saying that from what I've read, the NCLA thing is a mess.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Posted November 07, 2006 06:46 PM Hide Post
Wow.............Gezzz Ron I was really impressed by your list. HOw long did that take to put that together or is just something that you have on file.
Quote:
Posted November 07, 2006 06:46 PM Hide Post
Wow.............Gezzz Ron I was really impressed by your list. HOw long did that take to put that together or
We are all entitled to our opinions. It was unfornute about your experience on this ship. However please be objective and appreciate the facts that Ron is trying tO EDUCATE you on. That's is how he may be trying to get you to understand the issues ion hand. Yes, it was a setback to not be on the agenda you expected but that is life and you make other arrangements so your holiday isn't ruined. Not to say you should tolerate bad service but as hard as it is try to see the objectives and do the best you can to make your time useful and enjoyable on your holiday.
Kim
Old 11-29-2006, 03:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by moneypitt01@aol.com:
Were you are that cruise?

I never said NCL was responsible for any natural
disasters. I'm saying they are negligent. They are responsible for not disclosing information. Re: Damage to the ship
Disclosing this information should have been given to Travel Agencies so they could give the chance to their customers to make changes, to go at a later date.
To add to my earlier response, the Pride of Hawaii hadn't entangled it's propellers with the buoy chain until it left Honolulu, on your cruise. There wasn't anything to report to travel agents before you boarding the ship, because at that time, there was nothing wrong!
During the prolonged stay at Maui NCL untangled the buoy chain. So everything was again okay before the ship started its next cruise. Again, there was nothing broken to report to Travel Agents.
As for transportation, why do you consider its NCL's job? You had access to land via the pier, where taxis and rent-a-car services were available.
As for excursions, we all know NCL contracts them out months in advance to private contractors. I don't think anyone could predict months in advance when an earthquake will happen, nor predict when the ship will get entangled with a buoy.

I'm sorry your cruise didn't go to every port, and there was a prolonged stay in Maui.

Closed Thread

Tags
accssible, america, american, americas, chair, cruise, discover, job, maui, ncl, pride, restirctions, review, reviews, scuba, ship, sunset, weight, wheel