Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2006, 06:04 AM

Worst cruise line in the world. Vacation ruined by ship running over a bouy the week before and then dragging it around for a week.
Given 50.00 on ship credit.
Missed Hilo. Stuck in Maui xtra day to fix ship.
Staff was rude. Excursions were on 1/2 completed. We were not informed that most of our 1000.00 in excursions would not be a full tour due to damamge from the earthquake.
Anyone who was on this ship between 10/21/06 -
10/27/06. please write
Old 11-03-2006, 02:00 PM
Banned

I guess it's NCL's fault that an earthquake happened in the Islands the week before........NOT!
I don't think NCL should be your news media.

It's been my experience that staff becomes rude after people are rude to them. Would it had made any difference if NCL reported which excursions were effected by the earthquake before you booked them? I don't think so.
And to set the truth, the Pride of America didn't drag a bouy around for an entire week, only a bouy chain overnight between Honolulu and Maui.
Accidents happen, delays happpen, earthquakes happpen, hurricanes happen all the time. Get use to it.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:27 PM

Were you are that cruise?

I never said NCL was responsible for any natural
disasters. I'm saying they are negligent. They are responsible for not disclosing information. Re: Damage to the ship
Disclosing this information should have been given to Travel Agencies so they could give the chance to their customers to make changes, to go at a later date.

They didn't even make arrangements for trasportaton when we were sent to Maui a day early. Leaving many to fend for themselves. I myself along with hundreds more spent over 200.00 to go anywhere around town.

A woman who was very well traveled 35 cruises said this was the "worse she had even been on"
First time she was even on NCL and the last.

If the accident had happened on our cruise, I would have been more then understanding. But to use a ship that should have been repaired when it happened just does not make sense.

Rude........the young man who gave so many people a hard time at the excursion desk stood outside the second day and told an elderly woman who was schedualed to be on a tour that there "was NO room for her wheelchair". Did we get rude, No, we were too shocked. When if that was your mother? Thank Goodness the tour gentleman stepped in and said to this rep of NCL "the wheelchair is going with us". He got a big cheer from everyone standing outside the ship.

In my experence staff doesn't get rude. And I know no one else would lower themselves to the level of NCL's staff memebers.
Old 11-04-2006, 05:58 PM

Hey Moneypitt.

If you're going to hang out on this website, you might as well get used to Ron. He is the biggest NCL apologist in this hemisphere. According to his philosophy, we as NCL passengers should be grateful for them letting our lowly selves on their esteemed ships...NCL, according (generally speaking) to Ron's many posts on this site, has never wronged a single passenger, nor made a bad decision.

God Bless Him!

Garnett
Old 11-04-2006, 08:01 PM

Hi there,
After the first line in Ron's responce I knew that he just has to be employeed by NCL, or at least gets free cruises. Oh, that's right he is a "master Cruiser" what was I thinking.
NCL should remember that it is us "lowly People" that pay their wages.

Your right........."God bless Ron" some one has to.

Moneypitt
Old 11-04-2006, 09:00 PM

Hey Ron,

After further reflection, I can see where my previous post may sound somewhat offensive. Please understand that that was not my intention and I apologize if the post is taken in that context. I was merely trying to explain to Moneypitt your perceived (at least my perception) position on items related to NCL.

Garnett
Old 11-05-2006, 03:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Clark:
quote:
Originally posted by moneypitt01@aol.com:
Were you are that cruise?

I never said NCL was responsible for any natural
disasters. I'm saying they are negligent. They are responsible for not disclosing information. Re: Damage to the ship
Disclosing this information should have been given to Travel Agencies so they could give the chance to their customers to make changes, to go at a later date.

They didn't even make arrangements for trasportaton when we were sent to Maui a day early. Leaving many to fend for themselves. I myself along with hundreds more spent over 200.00 to go anywhere around town.

A woman who was very well traveled 35 cruises said this was the "worse she had even been on"
First time she was even on NCL and the last.

If the accident had happened on our cruise, I would have been more then understanding. But to use a ship that should have been repaired when it happened just does not make sense.

Rude........the young man who gave so many people a hard time at the excursion desk stood outside the second day and told an elderly woman who was schedualed to be on a tour that there "was NO room for her wheelchair". Did we get rude, No, we were too shocked. When if that was your mother? Thank Goodness the tour gentleman stepped in and said to this rep of NCL "the wheelchair is going with us". He got a big cheer from everyone standing outside the ship.

In my experence staff doesn't get rude. And I know no one else would lower themselves to the level of NCL's staff members.
As for the wheelchair incident, it sounds like it was corrected on the spot. The older lady did get to go on her excursion, with her wheelchair. By the way, the NCL rep, nor anyone else, should be considered rude by saying NO! All excursions are published by NCL with exertion levels, and some excursions are not recommended for wheelchair bound passengers.

As for the reason the ship arrived in Maui early, check your facts. Kona was closed, the ship had nowhere to go. Instead of arriving early, it could have sailed around in circles for an extra day. At least you had an extra day in Maui, which many consider the best island.

As for the lack of scheduled excursions that extra day in Maui, you didn't have to depart the ship that day. You could have enjoyed an uncrowded ship, with the pools all to yourselves. You could have enjoyed 50% off at the Spa. It was you that decided to go ashore and spend an extra $200.

As for lack of any information, the buoy cable incident happen the week before your cruise. Yes, you could have canceled your cruise, and booked another. But that would have incurred a 100% penalty, since NCL still planned to sail the ship, and your cancellation was way past final payment day. So, you're basically asking NCL to waive its cancellation policy, because one port will be closed. Sorry, I don't think that will ever happen on any cruise line.

Neither incidents you reported are complete disasters, imho, when you consider alternatives. Was it inconvenient, more than likely, but not a disaster.

When faced with lemons, make lemonade.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:35 AM

I'm sorry, I must have missed the "fact" that you were on that Cruise.
Hmmmm
Old 11-05-2006, 04:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by moneypitt01@aol.com:
I'm sorry, I must have missed the "fact" that you were on that Cruise.
Hmmmm
I don't have to be on that particular cruise to know how business thinks. I've been on enough cruises to know that they aren't perfect. There's always a few problems that arise. It's how one deals with situations that determines how much fun you have on any cruise.

You have no reason to be sorry. But don't expect me to join your sorrow. I've seen and read much worse than what you have experienced aboard your cruise.
Old 11-05-2006, 05:37 AM

[quote]Originally posted by Ron Clark:
Quote:

You have no reason to be sorry. But don't expect me to join your sorrow. I've seen and read much worse than what you have experienced aboard your cruise.
I've read worse, too, many times- on here and on other boards. And the ship's name begins with "Pride of..." 99% of the time. Why would anyone with 500 posts doubt that NCLA crew was rude?

Seriously, as I read the OP's post I was mentally checking off the problems: yup, yup, yup, NCLA.

Natural disasters are not the fault of the cruise line but they are in the travel and tourism industry, not the passengers (for the most part). There are ways to smooth things over and according to most of what I've read: they don't.

Closed Thread

Tags
accssible, america, american, americas, chair, cruise, discover, job, maui, ncl, pride, restirctions, review, reviews, scuba, ship, sunset, weight, wheel