Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
We had to pay double for my Father since NCL do not offer any kind of discount, nor do they have a "singles-share" program
In this case, I doubt we'll be seeing this poster on most cruise lines in the future...
Old 02-08-2007, 08:53 PM

After reading this, I have to ask myself where Ron Clark is to defend NCL and this passenger's obvious lack of common sense? I mean, how could they want service on an NCL cruise? What are they thinking? (Gee, I haven't been here in a while and it is just as fun. I think I will stick around.)

Walter
Old 02-08-2007, 11:05 PM
Well - as I said before: This letter has entertainment value, and as we speak it's probably being sent around to ALL NCL offices and ships for a friday amusement.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-09-2007, 12:01 AM

I can't resist this one about "smuggeling booze" I come from an area in Germany that has lots of Cherries and we produce "Cherry Water" ok sometimes it is 45% Proof (we call it conserved, cherry flavored springwater )

But after chating to some board freinds for some months one of the US friends asked us to bring him some....No problem during packing down into the basement to pick up 3 of or own bottles.... When we got to the Constellation last year we had it in our carry on..... We had our asses hauled out of line and the X person told us we could not take it ....I told them they were gifts to trade with fellow cruisers he said we could buy on board... Ha Ha you should have seen his face when I asked how many bottles of my own brand would Celebrity be buying - I would have them delievered promptly. I asked him to have a closer look at the label and at our cruise docs.... When he realized it was indeed our own production he let us go but he was not really a happy camper!!!
Old 02-09-2007, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by moeve:
I can't resist this one about "smuggeling booze" I come from an area in Germany that has lots of Cherries and we produce "Cherry Water" ok sometimes it is 45% Proof (we call it conserved, cherry flavored springwater )

But after chating to some board freinds for some months one of the US friends asked us to bring him some....No problem during packing down into the basement to pick up 3 of or own bottles.... When we got to the Constellation last year we had it in our carry on..... We had our asses hauled out of line and the X person told us we could not take it ....I told them they were gifts to trade with fellow cruisers he said we could buy on board... Ha Ha you should have seen his face when I asked how many bottles of my own brand would Celebrity be buying - I would have them delievered promptly. I asked him to have a closer look at the label and at our cruise docs.... When he realized it was indeed our own production he let us go but he was not really a happy camper!!!
Moeve,

You are speaking of Kirschwasser, correct? An essential ingredient in Swiss fondue, along with the Gruyere, Emmantaler and wine of course!
Old 02-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Wow!
I know now to never try to b.s. you when it comes to cuisine--not that I would anyway. I am impressed!
Old 02-10-2007, 12:46 AM

Yes that is Kirchwasser....Yep Cherry flavoured spring water conserved with alcohol

I was not lying about anything and X clearly states in it fine print that you can bring it if it is not on their Cellar list - which my privat brand of course is not. Over and above that I think everyone we brought for took it home with them so it was not consumed on the ship anyway.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Kirchwasser
Hey moeve,

you do not want to Christian a ship or someone???

Kirschwasser is the think you must order or drink - otherwise the effect will be very disappointing - beside the fact that it has no alcohol or cherry flavour!

Regards,
HeinBloed
Old 02-10-2007, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by moeve:
Yes that is Kirchwasser....Yep Cherry flavoured spring water conserved with alcohol

I was not lying about anything and X clearly states in it fine print that you can bring it if it is not on their Cellar list - which my privat brand of course is not. Over and above that I think everyone we brought for took it home with them so it was not consumed on the ship anyway.
In the states it often goes by "Cherry Brandy".
Old 02-10-2007, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by f-mattox:
Wow!
I know now to never try to b.s. you when it comes to cuisine--not that I would anyway. I am impressed!
Oh pshaw! You would never b.s. me now would you? I'm quite sure that I can be stumped on some cuisine queries.

Closed Thread

Tags
11, alcohol, america, beer, bringing, chef, deck, executive, high, kenneth, kinda, loud, pride, rooms, ship, working