Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2007, 05:33 AM

My favorite morning news show, (I'll let you guess) had a story today on a family who had booked a cruise and got their air fare and were bumped by Rosey O'Donnel, (in this case I don't care if I spelled it wrong) who has reserved the ship.

I am no fan of Rosey but in this case, she did nothing wrong. I would think this is pretty common when groups book an entire ship. I'm pretty sure NCL would transfer their reservations to another ship.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:03 AM
Banned

Chef,It wouldn't be news if you and I were booking the ship. Maybe Rosey will shave her head too? Now that might be news!
Old 02-21-2007, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by carlg:
Chef,It wouldn't be news if you and I were booking the ship. Maybe Rosey will shave her head too? Now that might be news!
Wow, I just got a visual image of that and it is pretty scary. I am thinking WC Fields or a jack-o-lantern.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:59 AM
Banned

Sorry to give you such a bad visual early in the morning! How was the food show? I live in mpls also and was thinking of going to that myself.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:22 AM

Quote:
How was the food show? I live in mpls also and was thinking of going to that myself.
Really, unless there is something specific you need to find, it is hardly worth the trouble. They charge you to get in and it has gotten smaller every year. When I attended back in the 90's it used all three domed pavillions in the convention center and now it is down to less than one.

I have never understood how they can charge for these events, like the boat show, the sportsmans, the auto show etc. If you drive into a car dealership, do they charge you to look around? To me, they have a product they want to sell and you have to pay to see their products. Oh well, I am not going to change the system myself and so I just go and pay the money.

It is a gorgeous day here, already in the 30's!
Old 02-21-2007, 07:24 AM
Banned

Gorgeous now, but wait until the weekend...snow and ice...
Old 02-22-2007, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Gorgeous now, but wait until the weekend...snow and ice...
Come on now, the glass is half full! Once we get past the middle of March, it will be out of the deep freeze and into the refrigerator.

Minnesota: Two seasons, winter and road construction or winter and 3 months of bad skiing!
Old 02-22-2007, 11:11 AM
Banned

Not to worry, they have updated the forcast now.....I feel much better. Now there is only a 90% chance of heavy snow on Saturday! Guess it could be worse, I could be flying out for a cruise this weekend!

Closed Thread