Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2008, 12:28 PM

Very sage advice whether enforcable or not. Folks if you intend to travel outside the US or Canada at anytime in your lifetime get a passport. Beside its now Dave's Law! I don;t know or care to find out what the penalties are for not following Dave's Law.

Cheers, Neil
Old 05-22-2008, 12:34 PM
Administrator

My sister and her husband use their passports for ID regardless of where they are going, even if just flying from Florida to South Carolina. At first I thought it was overkill when she told me, but then her logic is flawless. "Why constantly wonder what the current rules are and what you can get by with? We don't have to worry if we just use the passports since they will always be accepted". You really can't argue with that statement, even though a license is good for U.S. flights.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Get it!

It's the best form of identification you can ever have. And you never know when something might come up and you have to go out of the country.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
My sister and her husband use their passports for ID regardless of where they are going, even if just flying from Florida to South Carolina.
So do I, Dave. Living in the North, it gives me more options if my flight is cancelled, such as enabling me to fly through Toronto with no hassles. Another plus is that it indicates to the Agent that I am an experienced traveler, and I am often put in shorter security lines. The only negative is that I am not up on the latest passport rules, as I don't need to know the distinctions.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:55 AM
Dave,

You the Man:-)...

Happy cruising to one and all...and order your passport before they are all gone....

Bob E
Old 05-23-2008, 09:48 AM

Lisa, I never thought about that! I wonder if my hubby would believe we had to be rerouted via Tahiti
Old 05-23-2008, 01:40 PM
Banned

For frequent travelers, getting a passport is great advice. You never, a call with very bad news may reach you aboard a cruise ship, and you'll want to fly home immediately. A passport allows that to happen without much difficulty.

But to answer the OP again, you don't need a passport to sail or fly to Hawaii from the lower 48 states.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:16 PM

How do you make those neat counter clocks for the cruise? I went to both websites you used here & tried & tried to get them to work. I wanted to put one on my desktop, or on here like you did. I copied & pasted the html & put it in notepad & thought I saved it. But when I looked on the desktop, it wouldn't work. My son tried to help me & my husband did too but they couldn't figure it out either. I need a step by step, cuz I'm new at this. Thanks!
Old 06-04-2008, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
How do you make those neat counter clocks for the cruise?
You have to use the BB code option. HTML won't work. Once you make the clock, and select the BB code for your countdown ticker, you then copy it and paste it into your signature block in your forum profile. You can access your forum profile by clicking on your name. This will bring a list of options up. Your profile is the first option. Click on it, and then when it opens your public profile there is a link on the upper right to edit your profile. Go there, scroll down to your signature block and paste the BB code. Then scroll down farther and click on Save.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:25 AM

Thanks Dave! Really appreciate the info! I'll try it. Sorry I didn't get back till now. Been a busy crazy week! Hope you enjoy your cruise soon!

Closed Thread

Tags
america, caribbean, change, cruise, disembark, find, law, neede, needed, needing, norweign, passport, ports, pride, repositioning, required