Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2006, 06:58 PM

I DON'T WANT TO DEVOTE MUCH TIME TO NCL, BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT WORTH THE EFFORT, BUT HERE
IS A SHORT LIST OF WHY THIS CRUISE WAS TERRIBLE;

1 DISORGANIZED CABIN STAFF
2 FREQUENT ERRORS
3 FREQUENT EXCUSES AS TO WHY THINGS AREN'T THERE/DON'T WORK.
4 INDIFFERENT ATTITUDE TOWARDS GUESTS
5 REPEATED BLATANT ATTEMPTS TO EXTRACT MONEY WHILE PROVIDING POOR SERVICE
6 LOW END BUFFET

I LEFT THIS CRUISE 4 DAYS EARLY, IT WAS SUCH A LET-DOWN. ITS A DAY LATER AND I'M STILL UPSET BY IT.

DO YOURSELVES A FAVOUR-DO NOT CRUISE NCL AMERICA. YOU COULD'NT PAY ME TO CRUISE WITH THEM AGAIN.

Sincerely, parkwings
Old 04-30-2006, 01:08 PM

Its too bad that your cruise was bad, because I just recently cruised on NCL in the carribean and we had so much fun. My husband and I arn't picky people but we also had no complains. I can't wait to cruise on NCL again. Maybe NCL America has some problems that NCL doesn't. I sometimes wander about people who have so many complaints, are you sure that your not just trying to find things to be angry about?
Old 04-30-2006, 01:37 PM

NCL America has had problems with the American crew since it's inception. NCL America ships are registered in America and have American crew. NCL ships are registered in Bahamas and have International crew. Most Americans just are not "cut out" or used to working the long hours, sharing a small cramped room with 3 or 4 people, and working under the conditions that are required on a cruise ship. So frankly alot of their attitudes are rudeness because they find out quickly how demanding a job on a ship is. On the other hand, the International workers are happy to have a job on a cruise ship because in most cases it is far better, and better paying, then any job they could have back in their home country. They are able to take care of their families better, albeit, they are away for long periods of time.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:09 PM

I am hoping the pride of Aloha has changed. Some of 2004 reviews, yikes! My husband and I are going on June 2nd 2006. I'll make sure and post our trip!
Old 05-08-2006, 05:33 PM

These reviews are scaring the hell out of me. For every positive review there seems to be 6 negative reviews.

See ya on June 2nd, lets hope for a smooth ride
Old 05-09-2006, 07:54 AM

I have noticed that the reviews get better after 2004. I also have chatted with people who work on the ship now. They said its changed. Lets cross our fingers! We'll be in Hawaii how bad can it be? You and your wife getting excited to go?
Old 05-09-2006, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by K:
I have noticed that the reviews get better after 2004. I also have chatted with people who work on the ship now. They said its changed. Lets cross our fingers! We'll be in Hawaii how bad can it be? You and your wife getting excited to go?

Can't wait! We are a bit upset at our flight itinerary, but I should have known better to let someone else (NCL) pick flight times. I will chalk it up to a lesson learned and try to work with NCL tomorrow to get a different itinerary.

Now, on to the next big hurdle…I have to figure out a way to get her in the Ocean! Snorkeling or Snuba (No diving). She fears the ocean, but I think she will love the views.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:08 PM

LOL! My husband is having the same problem with meee! I don't want to get in the water myself. We went to Maui in 1998 and he couldn't talk me into doing it then. He also didn't get a chance to snorkle. He's informed me he's going snorkling this time.

You have issues with your flight and I wished we would have coughed up more for our cabin. We went with the inside room. I am wishing we might get to upgrade when we get there. Oh well if we don't. I think we'll live.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by parkwings:
I DON'T WANT TO DEVOTE MUCH TIME TO NCL, BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT WORTH THE EFFORT, BUT HERE
IS A SHORT LIST OF WHY THIS CRUISE WAS TERRIBLE;

1 DISORGANIZED CABIN STAFF
2 FREQUENT ERRORS
3 FREQUENT EXCUSES AS TO WHY THINGS AREN'T THERE/DON'T WORK.
4 INDIFFERENT ATTITUDE TOWARDS GUESTS
5 REPEATED BLATANT ATTEMPTS TO EXTRACT MONEY WHILE PROVIDING POOR SERVICE
6 LOW END BUFFET
I LEFT THIS CRUISE 4 DAYS EARLY, IT WAS SUCH A LET-DOWN. ITS A DAY LATER AND I'M STILL UPSET BY IT.
DO YOURSELVES A FAVOUR-DO NOT CRUISE NCL AMERICA. YOU COULD'NT PAY ME TO CRUISE WITH THEM AGAIN.
Sincerely, parkwings
Wow! I can't believe it was that bad.

Which ship were you on?
Why did you think the staff was disorganized?
What errors did you experience?
What things weren't there, and what things didn't work?
How did they attempt to extract money?
What do you consider poor service?

A little more facts and details will help us understand how you feel more.

Closed Thread

Tags
2006, aloha, pride, reviews