Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2006, 11:18 PM

I read that it's real crowded in the Sports Bar on the Dream. I'm a huge college football fan and was wondering if it s gonna be tough for me to watch some of the games in there with the crowds. (I know I'm on a cruise and should not be watching football, but bowl season to a college football fan is a month long Christmas.)

Also, if i put alcohol (i.e. - vodka, clear rum) in water bottles, would I be able to sneak it in my luggage. Any tips or techniques anyone else has used or is aware of would be very helpful...I'm a college student and I gotta save money wherever I can. Thanks!
Old 12-10-2006, 05:46 AM

lol I remember college days. We used to sneak alcohol in to everything.... don't know from experience but I have heard a few others mention Listerine bottle packed with your shampoos and stuff. Vodka would be my choice it mixes with just about anything, and has very little smell to start with
Old 12-10-2006, 12:46 PM
Banned

You can TRY and sneal in anything, but honestly is it worth all the trouble of carrying it on the plane, in your bag and just hualing it around? I did it once and honestly I dont think i will do it again just because of the bother. Plus, if you happen to get caught they will take it and you will lose all the benefit cause you just brought something that took up precious space that you couldnt use anyway. If anything I would juts get something the day you leave and put it in a coke bottle or something (like a 1 liter) and just carry it on, if they wont let you just try and reason with them.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:23 PM

Thanks for the tips, this won't be my first time trying to smuggle alcohol and I'm sure I'll figure somethin out.

Anyone know whether or not it's easy to actually watch sports in the sports bar. After reading the reviews its sound overcrowded and cramped. Any opinions on this? Thanks!
Old 12-10-2006, 05:31 PM
Banned

Red Raider:

The "Sports Bar" on the NCL Dream is far from the the typical Sports Bar you would see in the USA. The Sports Bar area is used for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Buffets. I was on the Dream in Oct 2006. There is a small bar area, and a few televisions scattered around the buffet, but not what a "real" sports fan would want. Remember it's not a lounge type sports bar, it's a restaurant. This is important to remember.

As for smuggling alcohol on the Dream. I would NOT suggest bottles of booze like whiskey, gin, vodka etc. You may find it is much easier packing a smaller 3 litre of box wine. It won't break in a suitcase, and you can buy high quailty wines in a box at a liquor store or food store that carries an upscale higher quality wine. Easy to pack into a suitcase. You are probably much better off in a sports bar off ship, in Port where the atmosphere is better and drinks are cheap.

Enjoy the cruise......

Richard & Mary
Las Cruces, NM USA
Old 12-11-2006, 03:03 AM
Hi I have been on 8 cruises and everyone of them we brought liquer on board I bubble wraped my bottles. I have went to the trouble of transfering it into the shampoo and listern not worth the trouble, I have stopped that and just bubble wrapp and placeed in middle of my largest case that is going to be checked and brought to your room by the ship hands and have had no problems also i did not lock the luggage why give them a reason to suspect, I have in my carry on bottle of wine without any problems told them it was for dinner at night and I have packed extra wine in my cases also same with beer the only cruise I had trouble with was a cruise to no where they do not check any lugguge through the ship, it all has to be carried on, I got snaged with 3 pint of booze they gave me a claim check and I got it back after we returned to port the lady who handled it said that hard spirits were not allowed to be brought on board but wine and beer was ok to bring that was on Carnival, so I just opt to pack it in the luggage now that is going to handled by the crew, they do not have time to go through 4000 Pieces of lugguge out on the dock it goes right in to the loading bins and get placed on board and sorted so they can get it to your cabin ASAP, have fun and enjoy your trip
Old 12-12-2006, 02:45 PM

Red~ When are you heading out with the Dream? We could meet you on deck and for your amusement re-enact a college game after consuming smugglled hooch if it'd help!

Add Your Cruise Review
Old 12-12-2006, 08:54 PM

I'm leavin on Dec. 30th. Ringin the New Year in on the boat, You know if they do anything special for New Year's?
Old 12-12-2006, 10:54 PM

We're on the sailing after you~
I havent heard word but love the idea of having the cruise line put everything together for New Years. Here's hoping they have quite a gala put together for you!

Add Your Cruise Review
Old 12-13-2006, 04:43 AM

Red Raider,
I will be sailing on the NCL Wind over New Years and totally understand your concern regarding the college bowl games. The Wind will be half-way between Kiribati and Hawaii during the National Championship game on the 8th. What are the chances we will be able to get the game via satellite in the middle of nowhere???? This is a serious concern from a born and bred Buckeye fan (not to mention an avid football fan).

Don't know if there is anything special planned for us for New Years Eve - guess we will have to wait and see.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
alcohol, america, booze, buckeye, college, cruise, games, hard, pride, sneak, sneaking