Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2008, 07:39 AM

Thanks for all of the replies. I think will err on the cautious side and try to notify NCL ahead of time about the CPAP machine.

As far as spending money, I guess I am a bit of a tight wad. Perhaps we will do the coke card thing.

Thanks for the replies !
Old 09-16-2008, 08:32 AM

Please keep in mind gratuites. You will be charged on a perday/perperson basis. I think NCL is $10. a day per person. so on a 10 day cruise you will be charged $200.00 total. The crew works very hard for this. We usually tip extra to all of those that serve us.
Also you might want to do a few shore excursions, these are extra also. You can just head to shore and do something on your on, just make sure you get back to the ship in time, they wait for no one.
With that being said you can go on a cruise and not spend any extra. Cruising is still the best value for the money IMHO. We just too a two week land trip, We coul have paid for 3 weeks of cruising with the money we spent, (and eaten better and had someone waiting on us!!)

Old 09-16-2008, 09:20 AM
If you drink LOTS and LOTS of Coke, the card is a good thing....but if it's just one or two a day....forget it.....and if you don't drink at all, you will save LOTS and LOTS...our last 10 cruises, the bar bill was zero....more money to spend on excursions, diamonds, emeralds...or anything else Diamonds International has to offer:-)....Just go and have a blast...Happy Cruising...

Bob E
Old 09-16-2008, 08:48 PM

My sister in law had a CPAP. She needed an extension cord, so be sure to bring your own (she didn't get one until about 2:00 am). As one person mentioned a power cord would be best since you have two. You can bring your own distilled water.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:49 AM

We notified NCL of our CPAP machine but they didn't seem too concerned about it. We were also on the Majesty and had loads of room for the machine. I am assuming you have one of the newer ones that is fairly small. We do not use distilled water for ours so that part mentioned by one poster was not an issue with us.
NCL - Dreamward 97
NCL - Crown 98
CCL - Victory 01
CCL - Fantasy 02
NCL - Majesty 07 and 08
CCL - Sensation 08
Old 10-23-2008, 12:54 AM
I brought my CPAP (actually called a Bi-PAP) along with me on my cruise. It was onboard the Carnival Triumph. I had no problems at all.

If you travel by air. Make sure to remove the CPAPs, and pass them both through the x-ray alone at the TSA checkpoint in the airport.

Make sure to bring along a multistrip extension chord so you can use both CPAP machines at the same time in your cabin at night.

The multistrip extension chord, during the day, also makes pluging in 2 or more electronic devices much easier as well.

I use distilled water in my Bi-PAP machine. That is because it leaves no calcium/hard-water build-up behind in the reservoir and thus makes clean-up in the morning easier. But that is a matter of personal choice. I am sure the water out of the sink in the room will be fine.

I hope this was some help. Have a good time on your cruise.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:04 PM
Banned

You don't have to use the water filled reservoir if you don't wish to. I haven't in years. Packing distilled water can be a drag.

Try using your CPAP machine a week without using any water. You'll know very quickly if you really need the water or not.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Try using your CPAP machine a week without using any water.
I just mentioned this to my husband, who uses a CPAP, and he says to first check with your doctor or respiratory therapist.

We never bring distilled water with us. We'll get distilled water (preferably) or bottled water through the cruise line once onboard. Sometimes we arrange this in advance. Some lines will charge, some won't. But it's only a few $ and is worth it, IMO.

Closed Thread

Tags
bartenders, carribean, cpap, cruise, lansdale, line, lines, machin, machine, machines, ncl, norwegian, oxygen, royal, sky