Originally posted by Paradise Cruiser:
Please answer all or just one of the questions! Everything helps!
I am thinking about booking a cruise for 4 or 5 on April 11th or 12th on the Dawn. It looks like a really nice itinerary and places that I haven't been to yet.
This will be my 4th cruise. I have previously only been on RCCL.
I have a few questions....
1. Why does the price seem so good? Or is it just me?
2. Pros and Cons of freestyle dining
3. How are the Category G Staterooms?
4. Can the Cat. G fit 4 people ok?
5. Is RCCL or NCL better?
Thanks so much for your help.
1. The price is great because NCL plans on getting more cash from you while you are aboard. They are also the smaller cruise line, and discounts cabins trying to fill empty cabins.
2. Pros, you decide who sits with you when dining, you decide when to dine or not, you decide whether to dine at the free or surcharge restaurants.
Cons, you might not like having a different waiter every night, you might not like dining at different restaurants, you might not like dining at different times each night, you might not like standing in line to get reservations at the specialty restaurants, or standing in a short line at the main restaurants.
3+4. Oceanview cabins on the Dawn can be small for four passengers. Cat G cabins often have obstructed views, usually caused by a lifeboat. But sunlight will enter the cabin, unlike Inside cabins.
5. Both cruise lines are nice. Which is better depends upon what you want to do on a cruise.
Both provide features the other does not, yet both offer many of the same things too.
I don't think one is better than the other, they're just different.