Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2006, 08:37 PM

We are cruising on the Sun in October along with my brother and his wife. He has been upgraded to a Penthouse Suite and I believe it comes with Butler Services. Neither of us are familiar with such services even though we have been on many cruises.

Can anyone share just exactly what services the "Butler" can/will provide? What is the appropriate way to tip him and how much is appropriate?

I have searched the chat boards and have found where many cruisers are very satisfied with such services but can't figure out just what they did. All information is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Slouman
Old 09-07-2006, 04:33 AM

Hello Slouman

The butler will help you with any aspects of your cruise, organize you dinner reservations, being able to get off the ship first, they unpack your luggage if you want them to, etc. etc. etc. ... all the little goodies that you want them to do.
they report to the Concierge, who will also look after you very well, so anything you need you can also talk to the concierge and she will organize it for you.
it's a very cool thing...really... just enjoy the ride...

the tip is really up to you. I assume you are a US citizen so you are probably more familiar and have a feel for it than me as a European has.
talk to your concierge, ask her what an appropriate amount is, without being cheap or going overboard!

Smooth Sailing Slouman
Cheers
Philipp
Old 09-28-2006, 12:24 PM

The butler can do as much or as little as you like. On another NCL ship (can't remember which one!) we had a Penthouse suite. The butler carries a phone and you simply call him/her when you need something. We made pretty extensive use of ours - she knew our breakfast order and deliverd it hot each morning (except de-embark morning). There is an upgraded room service menu, so we would order canapes for 4 pm. She can get you the menus for the main restaurants, and serve you in your suite at whatever time you specify. I wanted to bring mine home!

Closed Thread

Tags
butler, concierge, cruise, docruise, epic, european, line, lines, ncl, norwegian, reviews, service, sj, suites, tip