Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 11:40 PM

Are the pools enclosed, how about the hot tubs are they inside? Do they protect the decks so that you can sit outside? We are going on a cruise on October 11 to CN/NE States? I heard somewhere that they offer a bucket beer deal and also a soada bargain, can you tell me more about that?

I have lots of questions!

Thanks
Old 09-30-2008, 07:42 AM

Hi McGrace, welcome to Cruise-Chat. I haven't sailed on this particular ship, but did want to welcome you aboard. The soda cards can be purchased at the beginning of the cruise, they will be selling them at most of the bars. It's a sticker they put on your sign/sail card. I believe it was around $6/pp a day. The bucket of beer is buy 4, get 5. They will give you a bucket of ice to keep them in. On our ship, it was more of a football helmet shaped bucket. Hopefully, there is someone on the board that has been on the Majesty and can answer your particular questions. Best wishes for your upcoming cruise, and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 09-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Administrator

Hi McGrace, and welcome to cruise-chat.com!

N. Majesty's pools and hot tubs are in uncovered areas. I don't recall if the hot tubs have a small covering... I'll have to check my photos. There are some covered tables on Sun Deck, but not many, to the best of my recollection. There is a wrap-around promenade on Deck 7 that is covered. Occasionally, there are deck chairs out there, but not all the time, as this is also used as the jogging track.

Please ask lots of questions! N. Majesty is my favorite ship currently in service.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:24 PM

The hot tubs don't have any coverings on them. There are plenty of tables and chairs on deck that are covered and the railings are covered with plexiglass to the deck above for most of deck 10 where the pools are. There are not any lounge type chairs on deck 10 you need to go to deck 11 for those.
Another hint to make your trip more enjoyable is to eat dinner at the four seasons restaurant. It is the same menu as seven seas but the service it much much better. You can wear jeans in the seven seas but the service is the price you pay for comfort
NCL - Dreamward 97
NCL - Crown 98
CCL - Victory 01
CCL - Fantasy 02
NCL - Majesty 07 and 08
CCL - Sensation 08
Old 10-01-2008, 06:18 PM

I was told that you can bring an open bottle of water (or would that be vodka) onto the ship. Do they check every water bottle?
Old 10-01-2008, 07:28 PM

It is against the cruise lines rules to bring alcohol onboard. It can be confiscated if found.

Closed Thread