Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2007, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Nah... I should have made it clearer, though.

(And don't get this New Englander started on lobster, lol.)
Old 02-22-2007, 04:42 AM

Clear as mud. Just teasing. That makes sense. It sounds like I'm going to have to try the French One for sure. By the way everyone. We got our documents last night
Old 02-22-2007, 04:51 AM
Banned

Cat, did they send them to you via mail? The only docs we received was via email and then you print them out. This is the 1st time I have gotten them by email before, but also the first time on NCL in awhile too. Do most cruise lines handle docs this way now?
Old 02-22-2007, 05:04 AM

Hi Carl,

We got the printable stuff via e-mail as well and then the documents came. They usually don't send them out from my understanding until 10-14 days prior to sailing. The package actually came from Expedia because that is who we booked thru. Did you book directly thru the cruise line or thru a travel agent? I am not sure why they wait until so close to the cruise to send documents. Maybe it is in case people cancel. The document package had our cruise tickets, Preprinted tags for our luggage and a brochere about the excursions.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:15 AM
Banned

We booked through a company called RCI (we have a time share through them), the same company we have a time share with, but they do exchanges. 1st time we have used them for a cruise. We started with the cruise line and turned it over to them. I figured we wouldn't see any additional documents since the online package had the luggage tags (paper ones that you print). We are doing a few days ahead in New Orleans and I know those paper tags would never last, so we will have to put those on the morning we head to the ship.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:25 AM

I heard through some other topics that if you have your heart set on regular luggage tags you can request them thru your travel agent. Although the "real" luggage tags are the sticker kind. The same type that the airport uses. LOL.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:27 AM
Banned

Guess it doesn't matter as long as they show up to the stateroom. Are you spending any time in New Orleans beforehand?
Old 02-22-2007, 05:35 AM

No we are flying in early that morning. We are staying an extra day once we return. We are going to take a city/cemetary tour. I have never been to New Orleans before so I wanted to at least see it before we left.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:39 AM
Banned

I used to travel there on business but I haven't been there since katrina. I'm sure you will enjoy it. We made our own flight arrangements and decided to spend two nights there. I'm so ready to go......expecting a foot of snow here this weekend....the tropics sounds pretty good right now...
Old 02-22-2007, 06:27 AM

Hi...I guess you got the answers you wanted. The surcharges are less than most other boats. I checked them out. We are planning on going to the Japaneese, French, and Italian, and it should cost $80 for the 2 of us for all three. Have we talked before? We're going on the Sun 3/4/07 too and can't wait!

Steve Migdon
Nashville, NC
smjrm@suddenlink.net

Closed Thread

Tags
charge, charges, cover, cruise, documents, eat, extra, meal, ncl, norwegian, pay, pear, person, ship, shusi