Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2003, 11:16 AM

My cruise doesn't leave until Monday and I'm already experiencing difficulties. I should have taken the advice of other passengers and left Norwegian alone! One of the girls in my party just found out she's pregnant and her Dr. recommended she not go. That's fine and I understand that the cruise line's policy states that she gets no money back since it's only 6 days before sailing. So I call up the cruise line to see if we could have someone go in her place. They said no because the ship is full. I said fine, can we have someone pay in full to take the pregnant girls' spot. He said No because there is no availability. Then I said technically there is 'availability' in our room because one passenger cancelled. Well the turd hung up on me!!! There was no cussing or yelling involved on my part and actually the whole conversation lasted less than a minute. Does anyone else feel like I have a right to be ticked off? I am very upset with Norwegian and am not looking forward to my vacation at all anymore.
Old 03-25-2003, 11:16 AM

My cruise doesn't leave until Monday and I'm already experiencing difficulties. I should have taken the advice of other passengers and left Norwegian alone! One of the girls in my party just found out she's pregnant and her Dr. recommended she not go. That's fine and I understand that the cruise line's policy states that she gets no money back since it's only 6 days before sailing. So I call up the cruise line to see if we could have someone go in her place. They said no because the ship is full. I said fine, can we have someone pay in full to take the pregnant girls' spot. He said No because there is no availability. Then I said technically there is 'availability' in our room because one passenger cancelled. Well the turd hung up on me!!! There was no cussing or yelling involved on my part and actually the whole conversation lasted less than a minute. Does anyone else feel like I have a right to be ticked off? I am very upset with Norwegian and am not looking forward to my vacation at all anymore.
Old 03-27-2003, 07:06 AM

Yes you have a right to be angry. You obviously got a rep that was not listening to you or willing to listen to you. I would call your TA and have them deal with NCL for you. If you booked directly through NCL I would call back and ask to speak to a supervisor and explain things again and also explain the way you were treated. I would call and let them know how you were treated regardless.

You TA should have been able to try to help you and to deal with trying to change names on your room. That is part of their job.
Old 04-07-2003, 08:24 AM

Peb is right. Let your TA take on the problem. I am sure they can get the result you are looking for. Don't hassle it.

Tom
Old 04-27-2003, 11:19 AM

Have the LEGAL name of the NEW passenger and a credit card... NCL will charge for the NAME change and reprinting the documents. In Feb I had one and it was $125.00 to Change the name.

It can be worked out. Time and faxes will get the job done. If you still other issues ALWAYS ask for MANAGERS.

Good luck!
De

Closed Thread