Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2006, 07:06 PM

1st time cruiser would like to know how much it will cost to have clothes washed and ironed on ncl?
Old 11-13-2006, 11:03 PM

I am not sure, but since is a NCL specific question I would suggest posting it in the NCL Forum and see if someone can help.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:51 AM

I'm moving the question to the NCL forum...

Raoul Fiebig

Old 11-14-2006, 05:45 PM
Banned

That depends on what ship you're sailing on.

The Dawn, Jewel, P)ride of Hawaii, and probably all new built NCL ships have self service laundrymats. The charge for using them is none. If you don't bring your own detergent, you can buy a small box for a dollar or two in the laundrymats.

On older ships, you'll have to use the ship's laundry, the prices will be similar to what you will find at your local shore side dry cleaners.
I don't recall specifically what the prices are. But, at least once on your cruise, they will run a half off sale. So keep your eyes glued to the Freestyle Daily every day to catch this special.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:06 AM

Thanks Ron for your info on the laundry. We'll be on the Pride of Aloha. Your information is appreciated a lot!
Old 11-19-2006, 09:07 PM
Banned

Roo:

Check the deck plans, and most likely since Pride of Aloha is considered a new "Jewell" class mega-ship for NCL, they will most likely have laundry facilites. On the NCL Star the washers/dryers were easy to use and low cost. No cost for the machines, and there are soap dispensers for a $1.00 to get laundry detergent. On the NCL Dream on Wednesday a bag is left in the room with an offer to do laundry for "as much as the bag will hold for $25.00". Thats a lot of money for an average cabin with two after 4 days. The Pride of Aloha is the same class as the Jewell, and the laundry was located mid ship on 3 different decks. We used Deck 11 on the Jewell. Never a wait to use the laundry. It's a great way to go home with your clothing already clean and folded.

Richard & Mary
Las Cruces, NM
Old 11-20-2006, 04:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard & Mary:
Roo:

Check the deck plans, and most likely since Pride of Aloha is considered a new "Jewell" class mega-ship for NCL, they will most likely have laundry facilites. On the NCL Star the washers/dryers were easy to use and low cost. No cost for the machines, and there are soap dispensers for a $1.00 to get laundry detergent. On the NCL Dream on Wednesday a bag is left in the room with an offer to do laundry for "as much as the bag will hold for $25.00". Thats a lot of money for an average cabin with two after 4 days. The Pride of Aloha is the same class as the Jewell, and the laundry was located mid ship on 3 different decks. We used Deck 11 on the Jewell. Never a wait to use the laundry. It's a great way to go home with your clothing already clean and folded.
Richard & Mary
Las Cruces, NM
You have confused matters thoroughly. I stand 100% behind what I wrote earlier. The Pride of Hawaii is a sister to the Norwegain Jewel, not the Pride of Aloha. While the Norwegain Star is also a sister, it does not have self service laundrymats. As I wrote before, only three NCL ships have self service laundries, the Dawn, Jewel, and Pride of Hawaii. I expect NCL new builds, the Pearl and Gem will have them too.

All other NCL ships, including the Star, don't have them. You'll have to use the ship's laundry service, which charges about the same as your local shore side dry cleaners.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Banned

Roo:

Sorry for any confusion...in my reply..Pride of Aloha should have been Pride of Hawaii.. a simple mistake. There is a laundry and the charge is $1.00 for the soap. I just came off the NCL Dream and the charge to have clothes cleaned is in fact $25.00 for all you can fit into the bag. This service was offered on Wednesday. On the Jewell, (we were in cabin 11156) our laundry was located on Deck 11, right down the hall on the same side as an inside cabin, midship.

Hope this helps.

Richard & Mary
Las Cruces, NM
Old 12-03-2006, 12:13 PM

Hello roo,

may be this is helpful for you:

Freshly taken out of NORWEGIAN PEARL last week.

Regards,
HeinBloed

Closed Thread

Tags
11156, board, cabin, charges, cost, cruise, jewel, laundromat, laundry, line, ncl, norwegian, onboard, review, ships