Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 05:09 PM
Just got back from the Norwegian Dawn. AWESOME. It was our third consecutive NCL cruise... We loved it so much that we did the Freestyle Rewards program and put down the $250 down toward another cruise in four years and got $100 in shipboard credit.

Not three days off the ship, we already have booked our next cruise: 10 days out of NYC in February on the Norwegian Jewel. Love the other lines, too, but we're totally addicted to NCL...

I'll be writing a review this weekend on the Dawn, but if anyone has any questions about the ship, feel free to ask.

Booked on NCL Breakaway, Feb. 2014
Carnival Conquest, Feb. 2012
NCL Gem, Sept. 2011
NCL Jewel, Feb. 2011
NCL Dawn, Sept. 2010
NCL Spirit, Feb. 2010
NCL Gem, March 2009
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, Feb. 2008
Carnival Miracle, May 2007
Carnival Conquest, April 2006
Caribbean Princess, Feb. 2005
Old 09-17-2010, 11:35 AM

Welcome back, Cortney I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful time and that you've booked another NCL cruise! I am looking forward to reading your review.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:58 AM
Cortney we are going on the Dawn Nov 28. This is actually a 14 days cruise but we are only doing the first 5 days which is a sepeate cruise. I wish we had the time to do all 14 days as those are the ports I have yet to visit. Glad to here you had a great time. Could you tell me anything about the specialty restaurants? Did you dine at any and what was your impression? Also what is the cover for each? I know many people do not do the specialty ones but I find the food to be so much more superior and always worth the money.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:16 AM
SanDee,
I had dinner in 3 of them last October when I was on the Dawm. I liked Cagney's Steak House it was very good, I did not like Impression's at all, it may have been off that night (way off). I would say my favorite was Le Bistro, it was excellent!

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 10-05-2010, 06:46 AM
Cort
I'll be looking for your review. THe Dawn will be sailing out of Boston next summer, as the Spirit is being moved to NOLA. I think Boston and NYC/NJ are becoming very popular embarkation posts with airfare and baggage fees what they are.
The ships seem to be getting bigger and more plentiful.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 10-05-2010, 09:58 PM
janfred thanks for the input. We will probably try both of those. I was curious about the Mexican and the hibachi restaurant. I love hibachi. What I read on NCL website that reasaraunt has seating for 10 at each grill but the capacity is 18!!

Does anyone know if the singing duo Jose' and Patti are still on the Dawn? We saw them in 2006 on the Wind. They were fabulous. We based this cruise on them being on this ship at this time. Their website is not up to date and they do not have any current info as to where they are now. They were one of the highlights of our cruise. Jose' does a tribute to Neil Diamond. He is so good! Check them out on youtube.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:02 PM
Marsha: I submitted my review to this site (well, Cruise Reviews) weeks ago, but it's still not up. I've had this issue in the past. So...not sure if it will ever appear. But you can find it...on another cruise website. I'm not allowed to say which one. Last time I mentioned that my post got deleted. It's pretty lengthy, btw!

SanDee, didn't see any duos called José and Patti...but there was a duo called Fire & Ice and they were amazing...The woman sang, the guy played the keyboards. She strutted around in giant high heels and seemed to have boundless energy. They were amazing. They did tributes for Michael Jackson, Motown, Tina Turner, etc. They had an'80s night too.

We didn't try the Teppanyaki or the Mexican restaurant. The only specialty restaurant we went to was Cagney. It was SO GOOD. I had lamb, my husband had steak, and we had a bunch of appetizers and dessert. The espresso brownie with macademia nut ice cream was delicious!

I've eaten at Le Bistro on the Spirit, and that was great, too. Not sure if the menus are identical fleetwide...

I put the cover charges for each in my review.

SanDee, look for Chris Ugay in Gatsby's when you're on the Dawn! And if he's there, please tell him that Cortney and Shannon from Michigan say hi! I wrote letters to NCL about how awesome this guy was. He made us feel like royalty. He asked our names the first day and remembered us all week and was just so friendly and funny and pleasant. If you like wine, Gatsby's is the place to be — the selection is better than in the other bars. Chris told us he rotates between Gatsby's and the pool deck (where it seems like his talents would be wasted), so I hope he's at Gatsby's and you get to meet him.

OK, I'll stop gushing now. Can you tell I loved the Dawn?

NCL Gem, Sept. 2011
NCL Jewel, Feb. 2011
NCL Dawn, Sept. 2010
NCL Spirit, Feb. 2010
NCL Gem, March 2009
Old 10-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Cortney,

Your review is posted here
Old 10-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Thanks, Dave! I swear I scoured the page...guess I was wrong. I appreciate you posting it.

NCL Gem, Sept. 2011
NCL Jewel, Feb. 2011
NCL Dawn, Sept. 2010
NCL Spirit, Feb. 2010
NCL Gem, March 2009
Old 10-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Administrator

You weren't wrong. For some reason "they" never posted your review. I found it this afternoon in the pending area and approved it after I read your other post. I don't know why the people at IB didn't post it earlier, so I apologize for that.

Closed Thread

Tags
11, cruise, dawn, engine, feb, fire, jewel, jose, ncl, norwegia, patti, puerto, review, rico, sailing, trouble