Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2004, 09:17 AM

Mommiemudd,

I sent you a private message yesterday, 3/16/04. I need to get your opinion with regards to taxis in the Western Carribbean ports. Are they equipped to have a carseat for an infant. We are travelling with 2 teens and a 1-year old baby on Mar. 27th onboard the Norwegian Sea out of Houston. I need your opinion and advice desperately. Are we better off renting a car or can we still hire cabs in this case?

Thanks!
Old 04-09-2004, 05:58 PM

My husband and I are taking a family vacation on the Norwegian Dawn next month.I am looking forward to a week with my husband,my 6 yr old and my 18 month old. What will my children get out of a cruise,they will have a week of family fun and a great vacation.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:04 AM

We just got back from our cruise aboard the Norwegian Sea. It was a very enjoyable cruise for us, even though we had our teenagers, 13 and 12 and our 1-year old baby. There were several families with little children (even babies younger than ours). Make sure you ask for a room that will accommodate a crib for the baby. Some of the couples we met who have babies did not even realize that they can request for a crib. You may not be able to do some of the shore excursions, but you can still have fun swimming in the beaches like we did. Also bring an umbrella stroller for the kids; easier to manuever along the small hallways. Mind you, it's still somewhat difficult having to bring a baby, but we all managed and helped each other that in the end, it's a small price to pay for the wonder memories we created as a family.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:55 AM

Let me start by saying that traveling with small children is challenging. We a three year old and a 14 month old. We took our oldest child for a cruise the first time when she was 9 mo. It was no vacation, the cabin was not family friendly and neither was the ship. Then we took her again the following year on Holland America...much better. But we have agreed not to take the kids again until they are all walking, out of diapers and off the formula. Mommy and Daddy are cruising this year for a much needed break. Kids are staying with the grandparents. In a couple of years we will take them again...Maybe! Personally taking kids on a cruise for us is not a good idea...an allinclusive resort is a bit easier. But this is our opinion.
One last thing...take plenty of diapers....the last cruise we were on was charging almost $100.00 for a regular pack of Huggies...talk about ripping off the guests.

Closed Thread

Tags
14, alaska, babies, boot, crew, cribs, cruise, cruising, kids, month, norwegian, norweigan, reviews, sun, tips, toddler