Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2003, 03:30 PM

We are going on the Sun in April. We will have a 20 month old. Does anyone have any tips for us? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Have a great day! Dana Mudd
Old 02-18-2003, 03:30 PM

We are going on the Sun in April. We will have a 20 month old. Does anyone have any tips for us? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Old 12-08-2003, 11:39 AM

Hi
I am planning a cruise trip with my two year old who will be about 30 months by that time. I am curious to learn what your experiance was with your 20 month old and what cruise you took.
Thanks
Old 12-20-2003, 07:31 PM

We had no problems at all with our toddler. Things were great. We did the Exotic Western Carribean. Dinner was challenging because of the time involved. But we would go when it opened and get a window seat. This would keep her occupied. They would bring her pizza or chicken fingers too! I think we are going to try an Alaska cruise this next year. I will be glad that she is old enough to participate in the kids club. That will help a lot. Bring lots of snacks and juice. OJ was the the only juice on board. We also brought cokes and bottled water for us. Please e-mail me with any ?'s. themudds@bellsouth.net

Old 12-21-2003, 01:54 PM

With all due respect, what do toddlers' get out of cruising? We feel that when you decide to have children you inadvertantly have chosen to give up some things for a while, especially during the toddler years. If you feel you need to vacation and de-stress, then why bring the child along?
In our parents' time children were left home with aunts, uncles, neighbours, sitters, what have you and only when kids could truly appreciate travelling were they included. However, if you're vacationing at a theme park then by all means take the children.
We go on vacation with the idea of getting away from the kids, but when others take their kids on ships, it causes all passengers grief.
I know you'll be mortified to read this, but the pendulum on kids bein' seen and not heard needs to swing back!
And no we're not old biddies, but under 40yr olds who detest the way young parents expect everyone else to accomodate their kids intrusions on other people's hard earned vacations
Old 02-22-2004, 04:47 PM

Really, Marshe...the tone and content of your message couldn't have done you less credit than your pitiful opening with "with all due respect". The message, commenting as it did on something out of context displayed aggressive poor taste and was mean-spirited to boot. Who ever claimed cruising was only for adults. And by the way, there are adult-only cruises available on the market. I recommend you try those in the future. I don't normally post but I thought I would chime in (a year late to boot). And while you probably won't read this, maybe you should show a little respect to other people's preferences.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:36 AM

With a name like Lurker, need I say any more!

I stand by my comments and would like to inform you that the majority of people with kids on a cruise think nothing of respect to others' preferences.

As over 2 months has passed since I posted the passage that so inflamed you and only you, I would suggest that you are in the minority!!

I close with my original question, Lurker, which I noticed you ignored answering. "What does a child get out of a cruise?"

When you are able to answer this Lurker, perhaps you will be redeemed in my opinion.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:54 AM

Futhermore, Lurker, do yourself a favour and check out Baby Pricing...upset at RCCL under Royal Caribbean Forum Link. You will see in the 2 pages of responses many like minded folks that feel a toddlers place is at home.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:57 PM

Hello everybody,

I would just like to remind you not to launch personal attacks against each other. This is a controversial topic, that's for sure, but please remember that while everybody is entitled to his / her opinion, respect for each other is what makes our democratic society so wonderful.

Discussions are most welcome, personal attacks are not.

Best regards,

Raoul Fiebig
Das Ruderhaus

Raoul Fiebig

Old 03-16-2004, 07:04 PM

Haven't been on the site in a while but we are getting ready to cruise to Alaska in August so I needed some information and saw that this had become a very interesting post! We all had a blast on our cruise and we are most definetly taking our toddler who will be 3 with us again. Cruising has become a great way to meet up with family that we no longer live near. What does seh get out of it? She gets to spend time with family and have a new life experience. We try to respect others around us and we leave the area we are in if she starts acting bad. We eat at 5:30 so we will not interfere with others, we plan shore excursion that are geared toward her. We had no issues when we went-everyone onboard loved her. I hardly like she was an intrusion. Remember not all kids behave like toddlers!I am looking forward to taking advantage of the kids crew this time around. We like many others have no choice but to take our child. We have no one that could watch her for an entire week. Why should we not go as a family? Her dad works crazy hours and for us to be gone for that long on a vacation without her will not happen. My husband and I plan long weekends together to recharge our batteries.

Closed Thread

Tags
14, alaska, babies, boot, crew, cribs, cruise, cruising, kids, month, norwegian, norweigan, reviews, sun, tips, toddler