Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2006, 11:48 AM

We like to have a bottle of wine in our cabin but can't really afford the NCL price. Any ideas how to bring some on board?
Old 12-13-2006, 04:10 PM
Banned

Call your cruise director and set it up so you can bring some aboard. 15 dollar corking fee.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:23 PM
Banned

Gisele:

Consider visiting your local liquor store where they will have a selection of high quality "box wines" A higher quality box wine will be about $15.00 to $20.00 for a 3 liter box. The box is sealed, won't break, not that heavy and three liters should last the whole week. It's very easy to pack in your larger suitcase. This method has always worked for us, and we get to take what we want, and what brand we enjoy. The cabin stewart will keep you supplied with ice, and depending on the ship that you are on, will most likely have a refrigerator to store the box.

Richard & Mary
Las Cruces, New Mexico USA
Old 12-14-2006, 10:16 PM

Do they find the box wines and charge you a corking fee, or can you sneak them in your suitcase and hope they will just not notice? I'd be happy to bring something like that, just curious what the procedure for a box wine will be.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:20 AM
If you are so cheap that you cannot buy the booze you need onboard I suggest you stay at home

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-15-2006, 11:59 AM

Svein, I must say that I'm always impressed by your charitable nature and abundant kind words.

There are some people in this world who scrape and save to go on a cruise. If those individuals don't want to spent $40 for a bottle of wine that retails for $6.99 on shore - then so be it!!
Old 12-15-2006, 12:02 PM
Well, if you look very closely you might see the Yellow thing at the end, called a smiley. This to indicate that behind my scary remarks I have deep down some sense of humor.

Old 12-15-2006, 12:04 PM

To Gisele and the others on this thread:

I don't know what NCL's policy is, but on most of the Carnival-owned lines (HAL, for one) and on Celebrity - they usually allow you to bring wine onboard in an "open" fashion. If you drink it in your room, there is no corkage fee. If you bring it to the dining room, then they charge the corkage fee.

Do check with NCL, though, to find out the particulars for that line.

...and enjoy. I'm all for giving the cruise lines their "due" in many fashions - but personally, I prefer to shower my generosity on tips for the staff rather than for ridiculously overpriced wine.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Svein:
Well, if you look very closely you might see the Yellow thing at the end, called a smiley. This to indicate that behind my scary remarks I have deep down some sense of humor.
How deep down??
Old 12-15-2006, 12:11 PM
VERY deep

Closed Thread

Tags
alcohol, box, bring, caribbean, cruise, cruises, cruisline, hard, liquor, norwegian, norweigan, royal, ship, sneak, sneaking, wine