Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2006, 07:13 PM

We are taking the wind for the 11 day Hawaii Cruise. This is our first cruise...so not sure what to pack? Any suggestions?
Old 11-26-2006, 07:16 PM

Mpeterson, I would start with a few sets of good comforatble clothes
Old 11-26-2006, 08:03 PM
Banned

Which ship will you be sailing on?

Only the Pride of Hawaii will have self service laundries aboard. If you're sailing on it, you will not have to pack as many clothes. The other ships will have a fill a bag 50% laundry sale at least once during your cruise. Or you could use the ship's laundry on the other days a full price to reduce the number of clothes you need to pack.
I would pack half the clothes you think you'll need. Therfore, on a seven day cruise, 7 outfits each should be enough along with the outfit you're wearing on embarkation day. Don't forget to pack casual clothes for the day and resort casual clothes for the evening. Depending on how active you are, you could possibly get two days of wear on some outfits. Then use whatever laundry there is aboard your ship to get more days of use.
Other items you might wish to pack are:
Rain gear, which we all hope you will not need, but always wish you had.
Nightlight if you've booked an inside cabin.
Camera for photos.
Highlighter for marking up your Freestyle Daily.
Binoculars for viewing the shore.
Basic toiletries, razors for men, makeup for women, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc. You will not need to pack soap products, as they are provided.
Electronic devices with their batteries or chargers.
Birth certificates, driver's licenses, or passports.

I'm sure others may add more to this list, but don't forget, the more you pack the heavier the bags get.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:14 AM

We will be sailing on the Wind-11 days. This is freestyle cruising....so are we to dress up for dinner? I am really just not sure what to expect.

Thank you for the input. It is much appreciated!
Old 11-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Mpeterson2:
We will be sailing on the Wind-11 days. This is freestyle cruising....so are we to dress up for dinner? I am really just not sure what to expect.

Thank you for the input. It is much appreciated!
On a ten or eleven day cruise, there should be two "Optional" Formal Nights. The key word being "Optional". Even on these nights, "Resort Casual" attire is always appropriate on NCL and NCLA ships. You can dress Formally or Resort Casual to dine at every restaurant every night of your cruise. You'll see the most that do dress Formally do so on "Optional" Formal Night, but even then fewer than half will do so.

Closed Thread