Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2003, 08:56 PM

Can someone tell me what the fitness center is like on the Norwegian Sun? My husband and I are training for a marathon and will need a place to run each day. Do they have treadmills (how many)? Do you have receommendations for a good time to use the fitness center? We will need to run for 1-2 hours. Is that even possible?

Alternatively, do they have a track?

Thanks!
Old 04-25-2003, 08:56 PM

Can someone tell me what the fitness center is like on the Norwegian Sun? My husband and I are training for a marathon and will need a place to run each day. Do they have treadmills (how many)? Do you have receommendations for a good time to use the fitness center? We will need to run for 1-2 hours. Is that even possible?

Alternatively, do they have a track?

Thanks!
Old 04-27-2003, 09:02 AM

There is a medium to large (by ship standards) fitness center on the Sun. There are several quality treadmills, some bikes and a step machine that are in use heavily for the first couple of days. They also have a good assortment of Cybex weight machines (however the biceps curl was broken when we were on her in February), Some free weights (dumbells only) and an adjoining large aerobics room with classes all day long.

There is also an acceptable jogging track on the ship. Something I like to do in port is to have a taxi drop me a few miles outside of where the ship docks and then make my way back. I usually walk but it would also work to jog if you folks want to get some on-land exercise. The cab drivers look at you like you are nuts sometimes, but it is a great way to get some exercise and also get the true flavor of the port.

Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 04-27-2003, 01:35 PM

Lora,
We were on the Sun last year and I do believe that they have a running track on the promenade deck. There were people running on there during our cruise. That way you won't tie up the treadmills and the view and weather might be nicer. Then you can tell your friends you "ran across the carribean!

Jefferson
Old 05-01-2003, 10:20 AM

Thanks guys, for your input. You've been very helpful!

Cheers, Lora

Closed Thread

Tags
center, classes, cruise, dawn, exercise, fitness, hours, jogging, marathon, norwegian, norweigan, running, sun, track, training