Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2005, 12:31 PM

My fiance and I are getting married on the "Norwegian Sea" before we embark on our cruise. If you want to get married on the ship, they require that you go through a company "The Wedding Experience." Our dealings with Norwegian Sea have been okay, but our dealings with the company that they require "The Wedding Experience" have been horrendous.

First of all, the lady who was supposed to be coordinating things for us hasn't answered her e-mails for a MONTH. The phone number that she gave us was wrong, so we had to hunt the company down. Finally, we get hold of her, and she informs us that we are required to pay for a reception if we have more than 10 people, and that the champagne and cake that are included are put into our rooms afterwards not for the ceremony...and if we want to change any of this, we have to cough up the money THIS WEEK.

We are extremely disappointed that they failed to answer our e-mails. Had they answered our e-mails, we could have more easily planned accordingly. As-is, we are out $1500, and will have pretty much nothing to show for it. They don't care, they got their $1500 and don't have to give a refund because we are past the 60 day mark.

What I would really like is to have a little chit-chat with whoever is in charge of Norwegian Sea's customer service and let them know that "The Wedding Experience" is making them look bad. Any ideas on who I should complain to. Our wedding is already screwed, but perhaps we can get this kind of situation resolved so that other people don't have to put up with crappy service from "The Wedding Experience".

This is the first day of the rest of our lives. It's only going to happen once, and our "coordinator" didn't even care that she hadn't responded to any of our e-mails over the last month...yeah, so it's just a job to her, but she should have a little more respect than that....URGH!!!

Any suggestions?

Kevin
Old 04-12-2005, 07:38 AM

Kevin, I am so sorry to hear about the lack of service that you folks have received and I am sure that NCL would want to know about it as well. Have your travel agent write a letter to their contacts at NCL to start the ball rolling and you are doing the right thing about discussing it in forums like this, as folks would certainly want a "heads up" about this company.

Tom
Old 04-12-2005, 09:59 AM

Thanks Tom,

My fiance has found someone to talk to at NCL...a "Mike" something who might be able to help us--or at least help others like us in the future from having to go through this. It probably would have been okay if they had just sincerely apologized for not replying to e-mails and tried to work with us, but instead they gave the clear impression that they simply don't care.

Yeah, I definitely needed to vent on a board somewhere. However, hopefully after the cruise I'll be able to come back and say how wonderful the cruise was...wedding aside

Kevin
Old 04-12-2005, 03:05 PM

Let us know how everything goes.

Tom
Old 04-21-2005, 12:24 PM

Kevin do keep us posted. We are all hoping that it is all smooth sailing and all will turn out positively.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-27-2005, 08:26 AM

Okay, so here's an update. I figured this time, I'd let my fiance tell the story since she's had the interaction with them. It looks like now--at least--we may be able to enjoy our wedding.

Quote:
We [finally] did get a call out of the blue to "confirm all the details" and were told then that we WOULD have the cake/champagne that we wanted, no extra coordinator needed, and they were VERY polite. It was like talking to a different person almost. They apologized for all the confusion and misunderstanding and basically acted like everything was great.

In the end, we are getting what we originally wanted *and not paying an arm and a leg for it*, but that day I cried at my desk because of their callous behavior has permanently put a bad taste in my mouth...they were just SO unbelievably rude (and the MANAGER was the worst). I'm literally on egg shells afraid some other "loop-hole" will pop up that somehow denies me what I thought I was getting. I'm just crossing my fingers, and hoping to get through the wedding with no more surprise charges/changes/or interactions with the mean manager at that company.
Well, now just to take our cruise. Everyone who has cruised with Norwegian--that we've met--raves about it. So, we are looking forward to a blissful week at sea

Later,

Kevin
Old 04-27-2005, 11:14 AM

Well, I am glad it sounds like things are working out positively for you. From your posts, it appears that the contact that has helped you correct the situation is a rep for NCL and not the "Wedding Experiece" coordinator. I certainly hope your fiance has gotten everything she was promised in writing (and bring it with you). At least if there is a dispute once you are onboard there will be some documentation and confirmation of what you should receive.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
angeles, hawaii, los