Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2007, 07:32 AM

I would like to know if US Dollars cash may be used to pay our on board deposit (for tips etc).
Further may we top up that amount and if so will we be reimbursed in US Dollars cash at cruise end?
Want to avoid over-depositing and waiting for credit card refunds. However also want enough cash on deposit to cover unforseen costs.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:36 AM
They usually require a certain amount I think it was $250 PP upon check in.
We ask for a statement part way through the cruise & pay that amount then the night before disembarkation we pay the balance off.
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 12-23-2007, 05:43 PM

I really think registering a CC is the best way of handling the onboard charges. I know there are those who disagree but if you ever have charges show up that you didn't make and the cruiseline is unable or unwilling to resolve such a dispute in your favor you have recourse with your CC company that you don't have with cash. Errors in billing charges may not happen often but when they do and you have a flight to catch, standing in line at the Pursers desk with the hoard of other people trying to resove whatever issues they have is not a pleasant way to end your vacation.

You don't have to wait for any credits to your card after a cruise. They don't actually charge the amount they require for potential charges. They simply put a credit line hold on that amount until the cruise is over and then actually charge the proper amount you spent. Just my two cents worth on the subject.

Cheers, Neil
Old 12-23-2007, 07:38 PM
I forgot to mention we do give the CC upon check in but if I have USD then I pay off the onboard account
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012

Closed Thread

Tags
cash, cruise, cruisecashdepostamount, deposit, norwegian