Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2007, 09:04 PM
Banned

Sarah was unfortunate to have sailed on the Majesty when it lost all or most of its electric power on the last day of her cruise.
NCL did provide ample compensation. Just not as much as Sarah hoped. 20% based on this cruise's fares off on your next NCL cruise isn't chump change.
To suggest NCL has poor customer service based on her experiences isn't fair to NCL, in my humble opinion. 20% off on the next NCL cruise was NCL's corporate response. We could argue this point forever, some will think it was adequate, and some will think it was not.

Can we agree 20% was better thsn nothing, which was all NCL was required to do per the cruise contract.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:17 AM

Ron: Sarah's post is not about the Majesty losing power on the last night of the cruise. Although she was wrong in not reporting the incident through proper channels, NCL could use more tact and sincerity in responses. A prompt response is always better than a delayed response, even if the message is the same.

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 01-24-2007, 09:02 AM

i have been in contact with a lower level customer service person. on one hand she denied that ncl has a problem with transmitting necessary information re:emergency contact, but on the other she admitted that if you call in after 5:00 eastern or on the weekend, that you may indeed not get the correct information to contact a family member in an emergency. she blamed it on:new people, the fault of the people who answer the phones, the fact that i randomly encountered every person in the company who did not know the correct process.
she also looked into the luggage issue and said that it had been mishandled as well, by ncl, when they were in possession of the luggage. she then promised to call me back the next day with more information but to date has not done so. story of my life-or my life with NCL.
my purpose in calling the executive offices is that too often the very people who should know that problems exist do not-either because people are afraid to tell them there is a system wide issue, or because the executives are so out of touch themselves. this does not allow the executives the information they need to effect simple changes such as:an immediate shift to a supervisor when a contact emergency is phoned in; a link on the website which tells a customer who to call in emergency,etc. a problem like this would be simple to fix, and instead there are people running around ncl costing the company more time and money by not fixing it.
i do not want or expect any compensation from NCL-i do not want a coupon for money off another cruise, or anything like that. i simply want to help them do better so the next person with a family emergency can have an easier time getting in touch with a person with the knowledge and inclination to be of assistance. my feelings are that if it happened to me, it can happen to anyone and i would like to make the next time less difficult for the person who calls.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:47 AM

I just got back from a cruise to Hawaii on ncl-pride of Hawaii on 1-8-07. You are a 100% right about this cruise line. Their personal lacks both in training and personally.They do need, to start at the top and hired people who are willing to do their jobs!!!And also hire someone who can cook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I lost weight on this cruise!! The worst food, I have ever tried to eat in my life!! Be sure and take your own bathroom tissue. It took four days to get our room cleaned, and I ask everybody. All I got was sorry, we will get someone.. they did four days later.I will never cruise this line again!! I can't tell you how bad the Italian and his wife were!!! They were suppose to be a comedy act...He was the only one who thought he was funny!! The ship has alot of work to do, to straighten out the mess they are in!!The islands are wonderful, they were the saving grace on this trip. I saw some of the forms they gave us to fill out at the end of the cruise, to rate their ship.All the ones I saw had the same complaints I did! Do they not read these!! They do not compare to other cruise lines, in service, food and personal!! I had been told,I would be very disappointed in the service, and they were right.Please believe anyone that tells you this. The postive reviews are more than likely from someone who works for this line. Do not take their cruise line unless you get it dirt cheap!
Old 01-28-2007, 05:18 PM
"The worst food I have ever tried to eat in my life...."
"It took four days to get our room cleaned...."

You really expect us to believe this?
Old 01-28-2007, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by f-mattox:

It seems hyperbolic to me too.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:54 PM

While, I was not on the cruise with this person, I can not comment on the food quality, however, getting the room cleaned on a daily basis, being on another ship, I can totally believe. Why does everyone here try so hard to disregard someone's feelings towards their cruising experience when they are in fact feelings. If s/he feels that way about the food, who are WE to tell s/he it was not that way? We all have had different experiences, just because yours is positive does not make this claim false. I was on a NCL cruise several years ago and had a wonderful time, food, service, everything.....my parents were miserable. And seeing their problems first hand, they had every right to be miserable.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by f-mattox:

I'm with you, f-mattox. While I will give the person the benefit of the doubt that the food was unappealing (although perhaps not the worst in one's lifetime), I cannot believe that the cabin was not cleaned for the entire first half of the cruise. If not for anything else, why would a cabin steward want to sacrifice his/her tip?

Closed Thread

Tags
contact, cruise, customer, executive, hours, line, lines, mail, ncl, norwegian, number, phone, service