Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2007, 10:22 AM

when my family cruised on NCL dawn, an emergency arose which meant a family member at home needed to contact the ship. the NCL website offered no helpful information on how to accomplish this. calls to customer service left caller on hold for 3 hours in 5 phone calls. bad information given by NCL staff meant that a fax instead of maritime phone number was given as contact number for ship...this required yet another call to the company. when a person's name and number was given to call for help, that person NEVER returned the call.

after the cruise, a person's luggage was lost, and once again after hours on hold, wrong information and rude behavior by NCL staff, i was told i would not be given the NCL executive office's number{which is:CEO Colin Veitch 1 305-436-4905, but his ***'t patty, won't give him the message} and that someone would call us in 10 days. customer service is awful-go with another cruise line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2007, 10:35 AM

Thank you so much for Colin's number. I can't wait to speak with him. I have all the time in the world.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:50 AM

his email is cveitch@ncl.com

good luck getting anyone to speak with you as i have been reading online and no one has gotten through to him yet. or least, he has not responded to anyone, even the victim of a sexual assault.she has posted online;her name is sarah alexander.
it just reinforces the fact that NCL has NO customer service to speak of.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:17 AM

Thank you for the email, where has Sarah posted if you don't mind me asking?
Old 01-20-2007, 10:40 AM

i found her comments, which were quite sad, relating her experience, by just googling ncl, bad customer service, etc{relating to the company itself rather than a specific ship}.
there are so many sites that reinforced my experience that norwegian cruise lines could use alot of customer service training.
the borrom line, is that with just a little effort and a better attitude{which costs the company nothing financially} they would make a better impression, save customers, and not alienate people. it is always cheaper to retain customers than to find new ones. good customer service is priceless in both senses of the word.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:37 AM
Banned

Try calling Microsoft's CEO Bill Gates sometimes.

Get real, you're not going to get the President or CEO of any large corporation through the customer service phone number.

So, it's not rude to be answered with a no. Why do you think it is?

Since you didn't state what your problems are, I'm not going to be of much help. But here's a few tips to quickly get your complaints addressed.

Complain as soon as possible while aboard the ship at the appropriate place. Do it calmly, and reasonably, without expecting financial compensation. You want the situation corrected after all.
Don't wait until the last day to express your complaint when it's much too late to do anything about it. Don't wait until you're back at home to complain to the corporate office either. Don't expect the cruise line to apologize for something they didn't do.
About one of your posted complaints:
Where was you luggage lost? Was it aboard the ship, at the seaport, at the airport, or on the plane? Have you contacted every possible place, or do you expect the cruise line to do so?
About you other posted complaints:
The contact e-mail address for you while aboard the ship was given in your cruise tickets. Here is a NCL website page with an explanation:
http://www.uk.ncl.com/more/internet_cafe.htm

I'll admit NCL's web site isn't up to snuff completely, as it has recently been changed significantly. But the information your relatives required was on your cruise tickets, and it's your responsibility to give it to them, not NCL's.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Ron Clark and I actually agree -- that should stand for something.

In addition to the link Ron provided, NCL provides something a bit easier in its Welcome Aboard brochure that is sent with the documents. As I did in another post, I quote again from this brochure, this time from page 10:

"How can I be reached while on board?"
"...They can dial you directly by calling 1.888.NC.SHIPS or from outside the U.S> 1.732.335.3280."

I also found this pretty easily on the NCL Web site: FAQ

sossity, I am sorry about the situation for which you needed to be reached, but I don't believe that this is something that needs to be brought to the attention of the CEO.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:12 PM
Banned

Sossity:

As Ron Clark stated and a follow up poster (Lisa P)stated there is information on where to call, in ADDITION:

On your cruise tickets, which EVERYONE gets, but many may not know, there is a contact directly to the passenger via:

YOUR CRUISE-MAIL ADDRESS

The address clearly states your last name and first initial, cabin number, and name of the ship. Every cruiser will find this in there tickets, page 1 entitled:

Passenger Ticket Contract

Perhaps every cruiser on NCL should look carefully at their respective tickets, and write this information down, to give to family members back home before leaving on their vacation. There should have been no reason for any delays, especially in light of this information.

In addition, I agree 110% with Ron Clark. calling NCL headquarters in Miami, and trying to get the CEO is useless, it just won't happen. Not with just NCL, but any major US Corporation.

Richard & Mary
Las Cruces, New Mexico USA
Old 01-21-2007, 05:12 PM

Thank you for the email, where has Sarah posted if you don't mind me asking?

http://www.cruisebruise.com/sarah_alexander.html

Here is the link.

Old 01-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Banned

gdjoslin:

Sarahs link was and should definitely be of interest to all. I stated the following in one of my earlier posts here.

Richard & Mary wrote:

"Every passenger that boards a cruise ship needs to be aware that there is very little recourse for claims and most cruise ships avoid legal liabilty to passengers by the fine print in the cruise contracts, and their foreign registrations of the vessels. I strongly believe that if a cruise ship was in major distress, passengers would find themselves on their own, so to speak. That is why, every passenger, should be careful when boarding, and try to realize what they may be up against if a problem occurs, such as the Majesty event. Every passenger should have a heads up, for proper exits, have escape plans and routes should a problem occur. They should be careful not to trust employees on the ship for overall security, as evident from other episodes of rape, theft, etc. on cruise ships by their own employees".

see link and complete text of remarks........@

http://cruise-chat.com/eve/forums/a/...2/m/4101062082

We as Americans or any other passenger should realize these cruise companies will do NOTHING to assist passengers when problems like Sarah's arise. It is proven from other cruise lines, NCL, CCL, RCL especially, there is no recourse. The cruise lines take your money, and provide a enjoyable experience, but nightmares exist, and there employees who are far from perfect employees. I seen many negatives about the cruise industry aired on the Travel Channel.There are many horror stories.

Caveat Emptor to the consumer, and ALL cruise passengers should read e-mails like that of Sarah, just to keep in mind, SHE could be YOU. While most cruises and the bulk of them are enjoyable and no major problems exist, we as passengers should keep open minds that we are sailing on foreign vessels, owned by foreign companies and they have there own rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Being on a cruise ship NCL, RCL, CCL etc. is NO different than traveling to a foreign country. Once on board and out to international waters, your rights as an AMERICAN are lost. Be careful, be wise, most importantly enjoy the cruise. If something like Sarahs event happens, take the time to document, document, and document. Then report to the Capitan of the Ship. Don't waste your time on some clerk on board. Nothing usually ever happens and your compliant is simply sweeped under the rug.

We have sailed on NCL many times, without any problems. Should we ever experience the trauma and past results of Sarah or passengers on the Majesty, we will no longer sail on NCL again. So far the waters of NCL have been great for us. But one never knows when and what could happen on a cruise ship. For now, NCL has our trust, and we sincerely hope that it stays that way. We really enjoy NCL for what they have to offer, but we are opened minded and know that our good experiences can change at any time on any cruise, or cruise line. Cruising is a blast, and episodes as we read them should not deter us from booking cruises on NCL or any other line. We just need to be aware, that problems can and do exist, we just never want them when we are on our own vacations.

Richard & Mary
Las Cruces, New Mexico USA

Closed Thread

Tags
contact, cruise, customer, executive, hours, line, lines, mail, ncl, norwegian, number, phone, service