Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 10:02 AM

Cruising with my wife and our two children aged 4 and 7 on Nov. 17 Norwegian Sky. Wondering how the child programs are on board? Is it possible to leave our children on board (with the children's programs of course!) when we are at port? I wanted to have my wife experience snorkeling but our children are not yet up to the challenge.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:17 PM
I don't think I would leave my children on board while I went off the ship.

What if you miss the ship? What if they get sick or injured?...

Something to think about....

Happy Cruising....

Bob E

Bob E
Old 10-10-2008, 09:34 AM

Thank you B1234 for that thoughtful response and advice I will heed. Would be great to hear about the experience for kids for this cruise...
Old 10-10-2008, 11:39 AM
I've never taken any of my small children on NCL, but when I've been on their ships the kids are having a wonderful time....they have scavenger hunts, face painting, parades around the ship in costume....lots of times they are having more fun than the parents...I hope I didn't sound harse in my response...to me, it's a safety factor.....I've been on the Sky twice and she is a great older ship....You will have a great time....

Bob E
Old 10-21-2008, 09:49 AM

Just found this on NCL's site:

"While in port, 'Port Play' is offered from 8 am to departure from port or on an overnight in port from 8 am - 8 pm. These times do vary from ship to ship based on itineraries. The Youth Staff will also accommodate those parents booked on early Shore Excursions. As a courtesy, we ask that you sign up by 8pm the evening prior to the desired 'Port Play'. The charge is $5.00 per hour, per child, and $3.00 per hour, per each additional sibling in the same immediate family group."

They also have a "Late Night Fun Zone" so you don't have to worry while you and the wife do, well, whatever.

Happy cruising!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-21-2008, 12:26 PM

The Sky is a great ship, we were on her in July. She was immaculate, good food, and a great staff/crew. The children were kept very busy and seemed to be having a ball. Do your children swim at all? When you go snorkeling, it is required to wear a snorkel vest, which can be inflated so they could just float along with you. I guess it's because I was swimming before I could walk that I love the ocean so much, however, I bet your children would love snorkeling. It's not a lot of work, you can basically float, and there's so much to see. Just a thought, they might enjoy it too.

Closed Thread

Tags
children, fun, kids, late, ncl, night, play, port, review, sky, zone