Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2007, 05:27 PM

Hi, I am sailing with my two kids and was wondering if the beverage programs that you can purchase are worth it.

Also, what is the best way to get from Disneyland to the LA cruise port?

Do you have to leave a pre authorized amount on your credit card for your sip board acct? What is a reasonable amount?

Thanks
Old 03-29-2007, 09:42 PM
Hello eadeca, and welcome to cruise-chat;
in reverse order;
if you plan to pay your shipboard account by credit card there is no pre-authorized amount. Just don't go over your available credit limit--or have a back-up card in case you do.

I live near Disneyland and If I didn't have someone to take me to San Pedro I would use Super Shuttle.

The soda card issue has been debated here at great length; the bottom line seems to be, if you drink a lot of soda--it's worth it.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Banned

The kids soda cards are much cheaper than the adults. For kids, the soda card is easily worth it. For adults, one has to be a heavy soda drinker to be worth it.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:39 AM

Hi How much is thhe soda card? And if you are traveling with a 16 year old, can he get the kids card? Also Could I share a soda card with my son? I might dring 2-3 sodas a week. And can you get bottled water with a soda card? Thanks all. We sail in one week on the Star!
Old 03-31-2007, 10:12 PM
Banned

Adult soda cards are $5.75 a day for the entire cruise. Sodas buy the 12 oz can are $1.75 each.
Sodas by an 8 to 10 oz glass are $1.25 each.

Here's a link to all the children soda packages:
http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/staticPages.html;jses...on_voyage_gifts#kids
Old 04-12-2007, 12:16 PM

You cannot get bottled water with the card. We bought one drink "passport" for our three teens and shared it-- 20 specialty drinks per "passpot" ($34), and it was better to do it that way (a smoothie could cost $6.00 a piece) as we just bought another when it ran out. It gave them a fun treat, just don't lose the passpot, it is non-refundable!

Closed Thread

Tags
beverage, caribbean, carnival, carribean, cruise, cruises, drink, norwegian, plan, plans, reviews, royal, ship, ships, worth