Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2004, 05:26 AM

Now that you've gone, I hope you learned that warm seas are not that far away!

How was your cruise? Was it the 10 or 11-day? We sailed out of NYC on the Dawn on January 4, and it was quite an experience to sail from winter right into summer! We loved the ship and had a wonderful time in all the ports-of-call. What did you end up doing for your days' activities?

Hope you cruise again! If you would like to try a fantastic travel agent, please contact Jared at travel@madriver.com. He is the best travel agent ever! He is experienced and really takes time to answer questions and find the best deal for your needs.

I'll check these postings again and see if you've written anything else.

Jan

lulu@madriver.com
Old 02-15-2004, 05:32 AM

The Dawn in winter? How fantastic! We sailed from NYC on January 4 and I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat!

We had cold weather upon leaving, and a snow storm upon returning........ but in between was one of the best cruises we've ever taken! The 6 islands were amazing, interesting, and we had plenty of time at each one. The ship was wonderful. Be sure to listen to Dave Morgan, rock 'n roll guitar player and singer in Dazzles Lounge.... right outside Spinnaker Lounge.... We loved him so much and listened to him EVERY night! If you do, tell him the gang from Vermont (Jan, Steve, Ali, Peg...etc.) all say hello!

This was our 13th cruise, and by far we found this ship and itinerary to be top notch! The "Freestyle Cruising" concept is especially great, allowing you to really squeeze everything you can out of a day! Just being able to go to eat whenever and wherever we wanted was great....... and we liked the food everywhere.

If you ever decide to try another travel agent, please contact Jared at travel@madriver.com. He is the best travel agent we've ever used!

Good luck....... hope to hear from you.

lulu@madriver.com
Old 02-17-2004, 04:31 PM

Jan & Steve,

We will be sure to look "Dave" the rock and roll guitar player up when we get onboard. We will let him know we are the "New Hampshire" crowd that arrived recommended by our sister state the "Vermonter's". um, should I mention the peg, steve, etc to him? Any requests that might make him smile?

I am still uneasy about the first day at sea and the last day. I have been watching the "Dawn" via ship cam for about a month now....it NEVER fails to return to NYC in a storm and leave in one again. BUT...I am sticking to the idea that a rough day at sea is still better than a sunny day at the office. My kids are still wondering why I have pulled the family off the ski slopes durin school vacation to go tropical. Go figure.

Countin' down the days now. Oh, I can't wait.

Sue <Leaves Feb 22nd on Dawn
Old 02-20-2004, 09:24 AM

We will be sailing on the Dawn on March 7, 2004. Nothing like a Spring Break Cruise to hopefully shorten this frigid winter in the northeast. We are concerned how the Dawn stands up to the rough seas in the north Atlantic this time of the year. Has anyone sailed recently out of NYC?
Any suggestions for excursions in Port Canaveral and Miami?

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, dave, lines, morgan, norweigian, nyc, review, sailing