Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2005, 07:17 AM

I am getting advice to be sure to book our restaurant reservations prior to the cruise to be sure to fit into our schedule. I cannot find out where you book the reservations?? Do I do it directly with the restaurant via online or? On the curise site I find nowhere to go with that. Can anyone help us!!
Old 09-15-2005, 09:26 AM

Unless NCL has changed their policy, you must wait until you board the ship to make reservations (at least that has been my experience the last 2 times I sailed on the Star). Each day there was a table set-up for making dining reservations in the lobby. Then, you could only make reservations for that day or the next. They did not permit you to book any further ahead. If you find this is no longer the case, please let me know.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-19-2005, 01:01 PM

Reservation policy has not changed, though here is some additional information.

If you have a cabin with Concierge privileges, you can make reservations in advance, but remember, reservations only apply at the Specialty resturants.

Some traditional cruisers prefer the reserved setting style, same place, same time, same waitpersons, every day. Though we love NCL's FreeStyle approach, I have read where some passengers have made such arrangments with the Maitre D' of their choice, and set up such a standard time and table each day. If for some reason they opt for alternate dining on any given day, they simply notify the restaurant in advance.

I've also read that the Jewel has automated the reservation process.

We usually have a general plan for each day, no later than one full day in advance. Therefore, lets say it is Tuesday morning, and we are eating breakfast, we discuss our dining plans for Wednesday, and then go to the reservation desk if a Specialty restaurant is in the plans for that day. Though we rarely get shut out of our plans, we are always ready with a backup plan in case our desired time or location is booked. We find that dining early is not usually a problem, and that also allows us to take in an early show, and still leave time for later activities available.

Old 09-20-2005, 12:41 AM

YES YOU WILL NEED RESERVATIONS! WE FOUND CAGNEY'S STEAKHOUSE THE BEST($20 PER PERSON) THE FOOD IN THE MARKET PLACE, BLUE LAGOON AND SUMER SOMETHING WAS TERRIBLE!!! WE ENDED UP WITH VERSILLES FOR BREAKFAST, ROOM SERVICE FOR LUNCH AND CAGNEY'S FOR DINNER. GOOD LUCK! WE WILL NEVER USE NCL CRUISES AGAIN.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:52 AM

CONSTANCE,

may I ask you to please do not use ALL CAPS in your posts, which is considered shouting on the internet and which is not that easy to read.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 09-24-2005, 01:20 PM

HELLO CAPITALIST!
Oh that right no cap, I very sorry.
Endless Summer restaurant on the Star was disappointing, Blue Lagoon a little better for a quick bite, Market Cafe, hit and miss(vegetarian buffet excellent), and all the other eating establishments were above expectation.
Thank you for allow me to post.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:14 PM

You must make reservations at the table in the lobby on board. I would suggest you plan to be there as soon as they open up the table for reservations. I really enjoyed Cagney's, Soho and Le Bistro in that order. When we dined in the main dining rooms we always chose Versailles, The Auqa was also fine, but we became very attached to a wonderful waitress named Rochelle in the Versailles, and always requested, and were seated in her area. I had a very enjoyable cruise aboard the Star at the end of July early August of 2004. My DH and I will board the Star again on 11/09/05 for the Mexican Riviera, and we are looking forward to the same fine cruising experience with NCL.

Closed Thread

Tags
advanced, book, crui, cruise, dining, early, line, make, norwegian, norweigan, norweigian, online, rdinner, reservations, restaurant, star