Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2009, 09:24 AM
We have always gotten good advice here and thats why we are back, here goes.

We are silver latitudes in the 50+ age group (for me it's 50 ++) and understand the working of it for our age group. We are taking two of our grandchildren age 10 & 11 to Alaska in July, they have nevered cruised before so after the cruise they should be latitudes members right. Their parents have cruised before but not NCL, the grandchildren are minors and can't book a cabin but if their parents take them on a NCL cruise can they use their latitude status to get the discount when booking. I remember something about as long as someone in the group is 50+ they get that discount will it work with latitudes as well no matter what age.
Thanks
Drew

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-13-2009, 10:07 AM
Administrator

From the U.S. NCL website: For children under the age of 18, cruises will be counted but not recognized until they turn 18.

I think that means you have to be 18 to be a latitudes member, but they track the cruises so when you turn 18 you automatically get enrolled at whatever level is appropriate. I hate the vague terms NCL uses on their website.

The European NCL site specifically says you have to be 18 to join.

Closed Thread

Tags
latitudes, member