Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2008, 04:30 AM
Administrator

It's only a weekend cruise, yet given all the talk of her on this site, I'm happy to look into anything specific while onboard.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:13 AM

Lisa, I'm very anxious to get your review of the Dream. I get a very mixed bag of reports on her. Will be nice to hear from someone who's opinion I trust and know will not be knit-picky about the tirvial things but a fair review.

Cheers, Neil
Old 01-19-2008, 04:14 PM
Banned

Compare to NCL's new ships sporting hull art, the Dream comes up lacking in many comparisons. But the few things it shines best at are its huge Oceanview cabins. The Balcony cabins aren't that bad either, which is a significant upgrade for past Majesty passengers sailing from Boston.

The food is just as good as on all other NCL ships. The only surcharge restaurant aboard is the Le Bistro. The Sun Terraces Trattoria Italian restaurant is very popular and has the best views with huge windows; although requiring reservations to enter, it's free.

She is showing her age, but she should be going into dry dock this spring, so maybe NCL will freshen up her appearances in more places than one before demanding New Englander's come aboard.

Book now, I had a great cruise aboard the Dream, and Majesty, if the Majesty satisfied you in the past, so will the Dream.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Ron, my husband and I were talking about the restaurants just last night. We figured with five places to eat on board, and five meals, we should have it all covered. (The five places I'm counting are the Terraces, Sun Terraces, Four Seasons, Le Bistro, and the teeny buffet area.) The last time we were onboard N. Dream, there was no Le Bistro and the Four Seasons was a tiny sliver. We enjoyed the two aft dining rooms on both Dreamward and Windward, years ago.

I believe she's going into drydock right before our weekend cruise. To me, she still has the prettiest profile of any of the ships of the mainstream lines.

Neil, thank you for the kind words. I'll try to live up to expectations.

Any questions, anyone, just ask!
Old 01-19-2008, 07:23 PM
Hi to You,

The Dream is an older ship that was stretched...we had an inside room and it was the largest of any inside room of all of our cruises....The ship is a little hard to get around, especially the 9th deck forward dining area....there are cabins in front of the diningroom and people have to walk thru the diningroom to get to their rooms....and the dining rooms are small...I do have a review on Cruise Reviews.com...But there isn't really a BAD ship out there...some are just better than others....Have a Great time...I'm leaving in 5 days.....Happy Sailing..

Bob E
Old 01-21-2008, 09:59 AM

I sailed on the Dream last spring out of Houston on the Western Caribbean cruise. You will have a fun time....all cruises are great and NCL has a solid reputation for good food and entertainment. The only time you will note differences is in ports where all of the other cruise ships are anchored.

When you see the Dream against most of the other ships you will see she is smaller and older. The interior (dining rooms, lounges, hallways and decks) speaks of 1980's decor but the food and programs are in line with the competition.

You will also notice a difference in pricing with the Dream being a significantly lower price point. Think of it like the difference between staying at a Holiday Inn from the 70's to a newly built Sheraton resort. The amenities are the same but the ambience is a little different....and the difference in price will show you why.

Nice ship....it's just older and smaller. You'll still be around a lot of excited...happy cruisers and you will not be dissapointed. Enjoy!
Old 05-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Administrator

My N. Dream "cruiselette" is fast approaching... so, last chance for any questions or anything you may want me to scope out. I, myself, am most interested in the changes that the ship has undergone since I last sailed her in the mid-'90s. But, I'm also happy to look into any questions anyone might have about the upcoming Bermuda season or anything else about the ship.

It's just five days until we board. Sadly, we'll be home by this time next Sunday.

Closed Thread