Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2008, 10:58 AM

Has any one cruised on the Star since she was refurbished. We have a short 7 day cruise in November booked.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Banned

Apparently not here. Norwegian anything seems to be slim pickings.

I've been on the Sky but Sun is too hot. I think they should Dream up some Pearls of ideas, you know a real Jewel. It could be the new Dawn of NCL! It could be the Spirit that could create a new Star in the NCL concept but we will probably say Aloha to that Gem of an idea, it is a bit Jade-ed.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:22 AM
Banned

Sorry, you are probably wondering when this Hank fellow actually contributes anything worthwhile. It just seems to be such a fun place here.

I liked Norwegian when I sailed her but that was only twice and I know that there NCLA has a pretty bad rap. The ships I sailed were not staffed by American predominantly and everyon wad very gracious.

Mostly though I prefer HAL, Princess and Celeb. Don't care much for RCI, not part of their demographic I guess. My perception is image consciuous, 30 something with teens. But tat is just me perception.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Cruised the Star to Alaska a few years back...a nice ship....I've done 14 NCL cruises and only had one that I would have to say wasn't that good....Just got back from the a 9 dayer on the Pearl and it was Great...but there is never a bad cruise, some are just better than others.....Happy Cruising...

Bob E
Old 03-04-2008, 12:47 PM

Thanks;

We have not been on the Star since the refurbishing. Got back a couple of weeks ago from thr Jewel, 14 days had a great time. We were looking at a cruise on the Sun but after the Jewel we are a little spoilt.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:45 PM

I just got back from a cruise on the Star ( March 08). I would have to say that if they consider this ship to be refurbished, I would hate to think of what they think is new.

THe pool area is worn out. It needed paint, lightbulbs replaced ( the main light features at night were partially burnt out the entire cruise). THe water slides didn't work properly.

Inside the atrium, the plastic flowers needed replacing in the water feature ( it was only turned on at night) the walls were sticky with fingerprints everywhere. Lights were out on the stair cases.

The cabins were nicely maintained. The colors and the bed linen was nice. The towels were worn out.

Good luck on your trip. I also posted on another forum regarding our itinerary not being met due to the Ship not running properly. I certainly hope that doesn't happen to you.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bmh:
Has any one cruised on the Star since she was refurbished. We have a short 7 day cruise in November booked.
We were on the Star last August to Alaska and found the Star be well maintained. The crew was constantly working to keep the ship looking nice. This was a very first cruise ever so we had nothing to compare to. We took this cruise to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. It was everything we had hoped it would be and then some. We will sailing on her again Feb. of 09. Looking forward to the Freestyle 2.0. Booked a balcony this time on deck 9.
I read alot of reviews before our cruise and decided we rate how the cruise was for us. All in all it was wonderful and it has me hooked on cruising. For now I will sail on NCL but we are open to try other cruise lines. Hope this helps. Have a great wedding, honeymoon/cruise and enjoy it.
bossycruizer

Closed Thread

Tags
20, cruise, date, dates, freestyle, lines, ncl, norwegian, photos, refubished, refurbish, refurbished, star, suite, whta