Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2005, 09:24 AM

Hi,

I am going on the 1 night NCL Mother's Day cruise out of NYC on the Dawn. Does anyone know if the life boat drill is mandatory on a cruise that is just overnight?

Also, how early can you board for a 5 PM departure? Thank you for help!
Old 02-28-2005, 11:08 AM

Hi:

I would hazzard a guess that the life boat drill is mandatory because, after all, you will be out in the Atlantic and need to know what you're meant to do in case of an emergency.

However, I'd ask the line. I was just recently told that if the reservation agents have any kind of question they can't answer for a guest that they will email the ship and get back to you so I think you're best bet is to contact NCL.

Have a great time!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-28-2005, 05:11 PM

Thanks for the reply... anyone else have any idea?
Old 02-28-2005, 05:48 PM

As the lifeboat drill is required by Coast Guard and international rules, I am sure it's mandatory.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:33 AM

Dom316,

I have been on one-night cruises where no lifeboat drill was conducted, while on others (this includes a ship from the same company!) they were conducted.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 03-01-2005, 08:25 PM

I think it depends on whether you leave port or not. Is the cruise going anywhere>

Tom
Old 03-02-2005, 07:38 AM

cruise is leaving from the Port of NY and is just an overnight dinner cruise which arrives back at the Port of NY the following morning.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:50 AM

Tom,

I experienced both even when the ship actually left port.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 05-29-2005, 07:29 PM

My wife and I will be on the dawn out of N.Y.C. in late June. This will be are first cruise ever. A gift to us by our children.MY question is this, Are their any tips or advice any of you who have been on the dawn can give to us about eating times, or beating the lines on getting off the boat for shore trips, any do's and donts. We will have a balcony stateroom.Also do you advise buying the soda package? does it include ice tea?
Old 06-02-2005, 07:51 PM

Glenn... are you mAILMAN? Saw another post very similar to yours. My wife and I were on the Dawn last June... a beautiful ship. I'll give you a little info about the ship. Everybody's tastes are different.

We had a balcony as well... 1st time ever and it spoiled me. We never had any problem with having to stand in line for dinner. We either showed up before 6:00pm or after 7:30pm. We also ate at the Mexican place one night (one of the free restaurants)

Can't help you much on excursions. All we did at Port Canaveral was rent a car and go on a swamp boat ride. We didn't even get off the boat in Miami. Like I said, everyone has different tastes.

My wife is a big diet coke drinker so we bought the soda package for her. Ice tea and lemonade are complimentary. You don't need a card for that. Hope this answered some of your questions. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

TimT

RCI Monarch of the Seas - May 05
RCI Mariner of the Seas - Mar 05
NCL Norwegian Dawn - Jun 04
RCI Mariner of the Seas - Feb 04
Golden Princess - Sep 03
RCI Vision of the Seas - May 03
RCI Brilliance of the Seas - Sep 02
NCL Norwegian Star - May 02

Closed Thread