Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2007, 06:26 PM

Leaving on Norwegian sun on Aoril 8 and I have heard there is a laundromat on board. But there is nothing listed on the deck plans. Could someone please tell me where the closest laundromat is on the deck 9
Old 03-28-2007, 09:26 PM
Banned

There are no personal laundries on the Sun. You can have dry cleaning done, but no self service laundry.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:01 PM
Banned

The only NCL ships with self service laundrymats are the Dawn, Jewel, Pride of Hawaii, Pearl and later this year the Gem.
The rest of NCL's fleet only has a ship's laundry, with Valet services.
Here's the NCL's Valet order form:

They will also have a stuff a bag sale, in which the stuffed bag of laundry is done for $15-$20.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:44 AM

Thats just one more way Norwegian Sun takes you to the cleaners...so to speak. We had a terrible cruise experience with the Sun. It's a good boat...but NOT great by any means. The shows are fair at best; don't even think about getting lunch at 11:30...burgers only; freestyle cruising means you never get the same waiter twice...no one to get to know you; Costa Maya is a waste as is Santo Tomas. Asked for a banana on the last morning of the cruise..was told they were out!! How does a cruise ship run out of anything?? Pretty boat but definitely not in the same class as Carnival!
Old 04-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by PA Steve Rocky Mount:
Thats just one more way Norwegian Sun takes you to the cleaners...so to speak. We had a terrible cruise experience with the Sun. It's a good boat...but NOT great by any means. The shows are fair at best; don't even think about getting lunch at 11:30...burgers only; freestyle cruising means you never get the same waiter twice...no one to get to know you; Costa Maya is a waste as is Santo Tomas. Asked for a banana on the last morning of the cruise..was told they were out!! How does a cruise ship run out of anything?? Pretty boat but definitely not in the same class as Carnival!
Bananas are fresh fruit, that will spoil and rotten over time. I'm not surprised that any cruise line may run out of bananas late in a cruise. On your cruise, if more passengwrs than normal eat bananas early, they'll will run out. Any fruit or fresh vegetable can come up short if more than the average eat them.

NCL doesn't order 150% of the average on anything. First, their isn't enough room aboard to over stock. Second, if they did over stock, some of it will go bad. Third, throwing food that goes bad away means less profits for the cruise line, and eventually higher fares later.

Have you ever ran short of something at home, like bread, milk or beer before your normal time for grocery shopping each week? You have the advantage of being able to run down to the nearest convience or grocery store,, and restocking what your family has over consummed that week. Cruise ships don't have that option.

I don't believe they run out of bananas on every cruise. I'm sorry they did on yours.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Clark:
quote:
Originally posted by PA Steve Rocky Mount:
Bananas are fresh fruit, that will spoil and rotten over time. I'm not surprised that any cruise line may run out of bananas late in a cruise. On your cruise, if more passengwrs than normal eat bananas early, they'll will run out. Any fruit or fresh vegetable can come up short if more than the average eat them.

NCL doesn't order 150% of the average on anything. First, their isn't enough room aboard to over stock. Second, if they did over stock, some of it will go bad. Third, throwing food that goes bad away means less profits for the cruise line, and eventually higher fares later.

Have you ever ran short of something at home, like bread, milk or beer before your normal time for grocery shopping each week? You have the advantage of being able to run down to the nearest convience or grocery store,, and restocking what your family has over consummed that week. Cruise ships don't have that option.

I don't believe they run out of bananas on every cruise. I'm sorry they did on yours.

Never had Carnival run out of anything...and we weren't on a 3 week cruise...we were on a 7 day cruise...fruit doesn't go bad that quickly!! Norwegian is simply cheap!! You don't buy fruit by the cruise...they buy it in bulk...when it's green. And the end to the story...we went up to the buffet and got out OWN bananas!! They weren't out of bananas...the waiter was just too lazy!
Old 04-09-2007, 07:52 AM
Banned

PA Steve....looks like you answered your own question. NCL didn't run out of bananas after all. I'm sure the excercise to pick up your own banana was better spent anyways.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by carlg:
PA Steve....looks like you answered your own question. NCL didn't run out of bananas after all. I'm sure the excercise to pick up your own banana was better spent anyways.
Who wants to pick up their own banana? Thats why you go on a cruise...to get waited on!! Why would a dining room staff lie to a passenger...answer...cheap cruise line....or maybe more appropriately...poor boat!!
Old 04-10-2007, 01:51 PM
Banned

Your original quote said they ran out of bananas. The facts however, were that you wanted them to personally hand you a banana. I think in fairness to NCL your issue is "service" not "product"

Closed Thread

Tags
board, facilities, fees, form, laundry, ms, ncl, norwegian, norweigian, norweign, service, ship, sun, valet