Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 08:18 AM

Hi!

My family and I are cruising on N. Jewel out of NYC on May 29. Very excited!! However, I received disappointing news today from my travel agent. A few weeks ago, I was able to upgrade to a Quad Balcony (myself, my hubby and two kids) -- I was so happy about this! It cost only $200 extra.

Well, today my travel agent called and said she is now told from NCL that we are only on the WAITLIST for the upgrade, it didn't actually go through. Has anybody else ever experienced this? I pray it does go through before we sail since our hearts were set on it now!! I am not sure if I should try to call NCL directly...although since I've been dealing with my travel agent, that may not work.

Thanks for any help/feedback...!
Old 03-26-2010, 10:42 AM

Your travel agent will have much more "pull" than you will. They spend many more dollars with NCL. I'm sorry to hear it didn't go through. Usually, when you book something, everything is "set". Our travel agent for this up-coming cruise, dropped the ball and it ended up costing me a little more than the original price. I wasn't too happy, but it wasn't that much. You'll still have a wonderful time! Best wishes!
Old 03-26-2010, 11:44 AM

Thank you Penny! I still have my fingers (and toes) crossed for the upgrade! I plan to have a wonderful time either way, but it would be nice...!
Old 03-26-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
A few weeks ago, I was able to upgrade to a Quad Balcony (myself, my hubby and two kids) -- I was so happy about this! It cost only $200 extra.
Suzie, at the time that you paid the $200, did you get a new cabin assignment?
Old 04-06-2010, 06:40 PM

Hi Sandy,

Sorry for the delay in replying... No, unfortunately, I did not. I kept wondering why my travel agent didn't send me a new confirmation. I emailed her a few times and then she finally called me back to tell me they had us on a wait-list and that it didn't go through. I am not sure of the reason.

Thanks for asking...I am still hoping!!!

Suzanne
Old 04-09-2010, 08:49 AM

Quick update...I found out from my travel agent that although NCL had their promotion of "free upgrades", they didn't actually have any quad balcony rooms to upgrade people to! I am very upset about this...does anybody know if this is a common practice? Seems kind of like false advertising. Perhaps they just had oceanview rooms available and could upgrade inside stateroom people to those? Very disappointing! I am still hoping it will open up for us...!
Old 04-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Did you actually pay the extra $200.00

Need some cruise help?
Old 04-10-2010, 03:51 PM

Hi Jill,

We thought we did, the TA had our cc number but then when she got back to us, she said they never charged it. Sooooo, we are back to waiting and hoping!
Old 04-11-2010, 05:51 PM

Dear Suzie,

Jewel out of NYC very popular. Been on it three times. Very very rarely will 4 passengers in an inside cabin get upgraded to a balcony cabin. As I say, those ships are booked solid usually by departure and if any upgrading happens, normally, it will be a cabin for two inside to an outside or outside maybe I say maybe to a balcony. Do not count your chickens yet. Also, travel agent asked you for money to upgrade?? And, then did not. Odd. I have been upgraded in past but never had to pay for it.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:07 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your message. What happened was I received an email from NCL with an upgrades promotion. I sent it to my TA and she said we were not in the right "class" to be upgraded but for $200, we could move up and then do the upgrade. So, right away, I said, yes do it! Days later I found out we didn't get the upgrade and we were not charged. I'd rather be charged and get upgraded! The other day I asked her what it would cost to be moved to a quad balcony and she said they weren't even showing that they had any available, so that was the problem. I am still hoping...it is not a school vacation week or spring break or anything when we are going so we'll see!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
balconies, balcony, cabin, cruise, family, free, jewel, line, ncl, norwegian, quad, reviews, school, upgrade, upgrades