Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2007, 12:26 PM

The TV news said there were people reporting that there were bedbugs and they were getting bit..ewhhh...what does anyone know about this??
Old 03-15-2007, 12:31 PM
Banned

Haven't heard that. What ship? When was the news report?
Old 03-15-2007, 12:55 PM

Remember the media seems to have it out with the cruise industry so don't take what they have to say as "gospel". There is usually an element of truth to these things though.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:05 PM
Banned

but I'm itching to find out which ship?
Old 03-15-2007, 04:04 PM
Banned

It's the Dawn this week, the Spirit a few months ago, and many other ships in between. Even the best hotels get infested by little critters.

Allow passengers to go ashore, they will bring back little critters.
Unless you expect every passenger to take a shower on the pier and have their clothes washed before returning aboard, there's no way to completley avoid them.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:31 PM

Now I know why to bring binoculars.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:39 PM

ewwwwwwwwww. Is there something we can bring to spray our beds with just in case? I don't want to stink up the room with RAID!
Old 03-15-2007, 07:30 PM
When traveling, whether at sea or ashore, I have learned as a matter of course, to spray my bedding with Lysol or equivalent. After 44 years of traveling I have never run into a problem. Perhaps I should invest in Lysol-I've spent enough on it!!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 03-15-2007, 09:23 PM

I'm a cruiser, but I am also in the pest control business and bed bugs on cruise ships are a very real problem and not just put out by the media. They are a problem all over the US even in 5 star hotels. They are very difficult to get rid of. All you can do is check the bed and mattress and head board when you check in and if you see red staining or bugs that look like flat lady bugs, you must insist that your cabin is changed. Because of no more DDT and increased international travel bedbugs have made a comeback. I don't think we are allowed to take pesticdes on the boat to spray them. Pam
Old 03-16-2007, 05:45 AM

Unfortunatly they tell us the cruise is at lifeboat capacity (We were trying to upgrade our room)so I doubt they will have another room. I guess I'll wear bug repellent to bed and drink heavily. Prepare for the worse and hope for the best!

Closed Thread

Tags
2011, bed, bedbugs, bud, bugs, bus, carnival, conquest, cruise, line, ncl, norwegian, pearl, ship, ships