Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

View Poll Results: Do I have any hope in receive a "full refund" for the return of this ring and for the tour that nev
Yes you will get a full refund for the ring 1 100.00%
Yes you will get a refund for the tour in LA 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2006, 08:57 PM

Upon my recent trip with NCL Star on November 6th, 2006, I purchased a ring at a recommended store during a NCL Tour in Puerto Vallarta. I paid $340.00 for the ring and upon returning home,I found out that the stone is not real and the ring is worth approximately $75.00. To say the least I am very unhappy about this and have been in contact with this Buyers Guarantee but
seem to be getting the run around. I need to obtain an appraisal from an "independent gemologist". Seems like a reputable Jeweler will not do. Guess they can tell me what the ring would be worth huh? Well, This is the first experience I tell people when they ask me about my cruise. Unfornuately it dampened the memories of my first cruise ever that my husband took to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. Also, forgot about the tour after
the cruise. We took the Santa Monica, Malibu &
Beverly Hills Tour. We never had a chance to see or do half the things we were suppose to do. I could have rented a car for the amount of money my husband & I paid ($104.00) and saw more on our own.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:42 AM

Sue,
You did not give us the option of "NO" you will not see a refund for either - which would be how I would vote. I have yet to see anyone get satisfaction from the cruise lines (any cruise line - not just NCL) "buyers guarantee". In fact, if I am going to purchase anything on shore, I do my own research and never use the cruise lines recommended stores. In my opinion, that is one of the biggest cruise scams going.
JMHO,
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-26-2006, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Two things we never do on a cruise - 1) never attend the shopping lectures, and 2) never go solely to the "recommended" shops. As Nancy says, it is a scam, and I think it is one of the more shameless revenue generators that one finds on a cruise. It is really annoying to see so many new cruisers led like sheep to the slaughter by the so-called shopping experts on the cruise ships. I would not be surprised to learn that many of them previously worked at used car lots.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Sue, I am so sorry to hear of your experience. I agree with Nancy and Dave that trying to resolve this through the cruise line's buyer's guarantee is futile.

How did you pay for the ring? If you used a credit card, American Express in particular, you may be able to have the credit card company handle the dispute. It won't be easy, though, and it's also not a certainty that you will end up with a full (or even partial) refund. Contact the credit card company to learn how to begin the dispute process.

As far as the shore excursion, chances are nil that you will get anything back.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:26 PM
Banned

Sue:

We have had the same problem. Mary bought what was represented as a "gold" ankle bracket when on a NCL Cruise in Cozumel, at a recommended store "Goodmark Jewelers". After wearing the chain, it made a dark ring on her skin under the bracelet. She brought this to the attention on another NCL Cruise, but NCL pawned the problem off on the jewelry store. I agree with the other posts here, avoid the shopping lectures and the recommended stores. I am convinced that the cruise line company gets a piece of the action of the money spent at these stores. These shopping recommendations are NOT soley that of NCL. All cruise line companies do this. With the technology of internet shopping, you are much better off, NOT shopping in these cruise recommended stores, and buy the items here in the US that offer a real return policy. It's a lesson that some of us have learned, only after the fact of the purchase. These episodes, do however cast a bad taste on the cruise line. Caveat Emptor "let the buyer beware". Perhaps one of the cruise experts on this website can offer you some advice.

Richard & Mary
Las Cruces, NM
Old 11-26-2006, 03:42 PM

[quote]Thanks for all the replies. Guess I've learned my lesson for the next Cruise I take.
Should of listened to my own instincts... I didn't much care for this so-called Shopper Consultant. Thought she was a "phony". I am
pursuring this though. I'll play along with
getting their "independent gemologist" appraisal and when I prove them wrong, they'll
be hearing from me, not just this Buyers Guarantee people, but NCL themselves. I'm one that does not like to be lied to or made to look like a fool. But I do appreciate all your comments. Being this was our first cruise, guess we were caught up with all the "hype". But will know better the next time.

Thanks again all

Sue

Closed Thread

Tags
buyer, buyers, carnival, consultant, cruise, guarantee, jewelry, line, norwegian, recommended, richard, rings, royalcaribbeanjewelryguarantee, shopping, stores