Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2007, 05:54 PM

Has anyone been on NCL's Western Mediterranean Cruise? I would love to hear your impressions and tips you might have to offer. Also would like to know about any "must do" excursions.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:52 AM

Hi!
At which date do you make the journey?

2001 AIDA Karibik - 2004 AIDAcara MM - 2005 AIDAblu Kanaren - 2006 AIDAcara TE

2007 NCL Jewel MM

Puerto Rico Resort Reviews
Old 03-28-2007, 06:52 AM

Hi Smart424,

We're going on 26th August 2007. Is that the same day as you? Looks like it from your cruise ticker!
Old 03-29-2007, 02:33 AM

Yes, we are on the same cruise

Maybe we can meet each other on the ship if you like.
We travel already a few days earlier and spend these to the Costa Dorada. Where do you come from?

2007 NCL Jewel MM

Old 03-29-2007, 03:15 PM

We are from the UK and are bringing my in-laws on this cruise for their 50th Wedding Anniversary! They have never been to Spain or Italy before so it should be a real treat for them.

We went to Hawaii last year and had a fantastic time despite all the negative things that people say about NCL America. I think a cruise is very much what you make it.

It would be great to meet you on the ship. Lets keep in touch and make arrangements nearer the time. Have you planned to do any excursions? Do you have any tips?

Old 03-29-2007, 11:24 PM

Hi Captain Merky!
This is our honeymoon !
We plan all excursions to organize. In Naples we have possibly private travel guide. She co-operates with my husband. On Messina we planing to go by train to Taormina. Also to Rome and Pisa.

2007 NCL Jewel MM

Old 04-28-2007, 03:55 AM

I did the same cruise on the jewel last year....because of the freestyle dining you tend not to see the same people around. Not like set dining. However you never have to sit with people you may dislike. One tip....the speciality restaurants become fully booked quickly so decide which nights you would like to eat where and book them the day you embark then you will not be disappointed. The entertainment is great. The ship is great and all the ports are fantastic. Be aware that Rome is well over an hour by road from the port. Tenders only used in Villefranche. No need to rush for a seat in theatre always plenty of room. ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY!!!!!
Old 05-06-2007, 01:46 AM

Hi Garyg,

It's always nice to get some helpful hints from someone with a positive attitude to NCL cruises. We went to Hawaii last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. We learned then that booking for the speciality restaurants has to be done more or less as you board the ship if there is a special occasion that you'd like to celebrate. We didn't get my first choice restaurant for my birthday. But second choice was also good. I can't see us ever going on a cruise with set meal times and seating.

Can you give us an idea of what entertainment is on offer? I know it may have changed but a general idea would be useful to have.

Of all the ports, Rome offers the greatest challenge to us. There is so much to see! My first mate and I have both been before (separately) but the in-laws have never been. Given the distance from the port we're wondering what would be best to do with them in the limited time. Any ideas? What did you do in Rome? We will definitely take one of the NCL organised tours which will take the headache of getting back to the ship on time away from us.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:05 AM

We did rome and tha vatican i think it was $199.00 per person and leaves at 7am in morning. NCL use those fantastic headsets and the guide has a microphone and only people on the tour can hear her so no hangers on!!! It was a 2 hour+ queue to get into vatican as everyone has to do airport like security. Once inside it was great. We did some sites of Rome from the coach and stopped at the colloseum. NO trevy fountain!!!! I will give you a secret tip. Obviously NCL fill up the coaches and every sort of rushes out of the show lounge where you meet.If another cruise ship is in its chaos...QM2 was there the same day as us. If you wait and make sure your on the last coach its usually the one which is not totally full so your group will not be so big with more space on your coach.Have a great cruise. Monte Carlo trip is great and also Pisa....we had been to florence before. Naples is great because the ship berths in city centre with no tendering. Only tender in Villefranche for monte carlo. Messina is also a town centre trip. We have just booked carnival victory canada/new england in penthouse suite and not being a party animal im wondering have i dont the right thing.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruises, excursion, forum, honeymooners, jewel, mediterranean, meditranian, ncl, review, reviewe, reviews, secrets, tips, western