Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2005, 09:07 AM

My husband and I will be on the Star for the September 30th voyage. We really enjoy doing our own excursions. On this trip we are more focused on relaxing on secluded beaches and getting away from tourist spots. Not really interested in any museums, but if there are do not miss activities, such as cliff diving in Acapulco, please let us know. Does anyone have any recommendations for great beaches, restaurants, and/or do not miss tips for the following ports? Directions and pricing would also be helpful. We'll be in Acapulco for 2 days the rest for only one day.
Acapulco
Puerto Vallarta
Ixtipa
Cabo San Lucas
Old 09-21-2005, 04:42 PM

Quote:
relaxing on secluded beaches and getting away from tourist spots
Sounds like a great cruise! In Acapulco do the cliff diving. It is quite near the port of Acapulco and there ae also some great beaches within walking distance of the ship.

For isolated beaches, in Puerto Vallarta visit El Anclote Beach at Punta Mita. Great palapa restaurants, but for some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, walk to the left facing the ocean and you will find deserted beaches that are to die for. After 45 miutes or so you will hit the surf spot known as "La Lancha". Hike up the steps over rock promenade into a wonderful cove with many more after it. It is the epitome of a "secluded paradise".

In Ixtapa, go north to the surf spot known as Saladita or to Kandhar or Trocones beaches. Once again, you will be treated to deserted paradise.

In Cabo, there is a great beach known as Zippers right before hitting San Jose Del Cabo, some 18 or so miles from Cabo San Lucas. It is also a great surf spot.

I hope this is what you are looking for.

Tom
Old 09-23-2005, 08:00 AM

HI Tom,
Yes! Thank you so much, this was EXACTLY the type of information I was seeking and it is certainly extra appreciated coming from you.

Also, just want to say as a fairly new member to this board that I've enjoyed the experience thoroughly. Thank you so much for your wonderful posts, the administrators of this board are great. I appreciate your fresh perspective. I think I'll stick around for quite a while.

Any advice on the best place to get inexpensive taxis for these destinations? I'm assuming that we'll just pass the flurry right at the port, follow a street a bit further away and I'll find a more reasonable taxi? Where exactly is the cliff diving in Acapulco? Any insider information here?

Again, thanks so much for your assistance.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:01 AM

Oops, sorry, I forgot to ask in my last post. Which port is best for snorkeling?
Old 09-23-2005, 02:06 PM

hmwende,
The Cliff divers perform at La Quebrada (less than a 10 minute taxi ride from the terminal).
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-23-2005, 04:41 PM

We are also wondering where the best snorkeling is. We are going with our kids (5 and 7) and my mom over Christmas. The one activity I think we can all handle is snorkeling. Andy info would be appreciated.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:06 PM

The absolute best snorkeling would be off El Anclote Beach at Punta Mita. Take a taxi there and then negotiate with one of the panga operators for a trip to the islands that lie just off shore. I guarantee you that you will remember it forever.

Tom
Old 09-28-2005, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Also, just want to say as a fairly new member to this board that I've enjoyed the experience thoroughly. Thank you so much for your wonderful posts, the administrators of this board are great. I appreciate your fresh perspective. I think I'll stick around for quite a while.
Hmwende, thanks you for the kind words. This site doesn't have a hidden agenda, we just like to talk about cruises and ports. The more we talk, the more we learn. Welcome aboard and I look forward to talking with you in the future.

Tom
Old 10-24-2005, 05:55 AM

How was your cruise? I pray your excursions weren't interrupted by the Hurricane! We leave on the Star in 2wks. My husband isn't sure he wants to take any excursions so I must find a "can't miss one". did you find shopping better in one port over another & would it be safe for me to go alone? We would like to find a nice beach & hotel but not too far away.
Have you begun planning your next cruise!?
Bon Voyage, Ellen

riginally posted by hmwende:
My husband and I will be on the Star for the September 30th voyage. We really enjoy doing our own excursions. On this trip we are more focused on relaxing on secluded beaches and getting away from tourist spots. Not really interested in any museums, but if there are do not miss activities, such as cliff diving in Acapulco, please let us know. Does anyone have any recommendations for great beaches, restaurants, and/or do not miss tips for the following ports? Directions and pricing would also be helpful. We'll be in Acapulco for 2 days the rest for only one day.
Acapulco
Puerto Vallarta
Ixtipa
Cabo San Lucas[/quote]
Old 10-25-2005, 07:04 AM

How was your cruise? Did you go to any of the beaches Tom recommended? We leave in one wk.would love a report of the cruise: Restaurants,shows, & ports.
Thanks Ellen
Quote:
Originally posted by hmwende:
Acapulco
Puerto Vallarta
Ixtipa
Cabo San Lucas

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, excursion, excursions, hmwende, mexican, ncl, review, reviews, riviera, shore, star