Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2007, 10:54 PM

Hi there,
I am booking my honeymoon on the Jewel and was hoping for help with cabin selections. Any opinion on the aft "romance suites"? How do they compare to the larger AC cabins? Can you get sun out on the forward balcony of these AC cabins? I am concerned about the wind...what good is a big balcony if you cannot enjoy it because of the wind? Any thoughts on an AF aft cabin on Deck 11? Would love to hear specific cabin recommendations. Thanks so much!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Banned

We had an AC on the NCL Pearl sister to the Jewel and we had an AFT suite on the Jewel.
On the Pearl we had AC 9500 forward with a huge balcony. Wind was never a major problem unless you leave the cabin door open, then you get a vacuum sucking wind into the room. Lots of sun. Lots of room on balcony. The AC Penthouse cabin #9500 was terrific. Big room, Butler and Conceirge service. Big bath, flat screen TV, DVD.

On the Jewel we had Deck 11 aft middle of the ship in suite, very nice, but did notlike the small balcony and the view over the rear of the ship was scary to me. We prefer the side balcony rooms better.

Take the AC forward suite 9500, 9502, 9504, Deck 10 also is good. Deck nine forward offers the largest outside private balcony. We could have entertained 25 guests easily. Would take forward cabin over the aft(rear). This is a personal preference after being on both.

Have a great time. I am sure you can find romance in any cabin on a cruise ship.

Richard & Mary
Las Cruces, New Mexico USA
NCL Platinum Latitudes
Old 10-12-2007, 05:00 AM
We were on the Jewel when she was 5 months old and you will enjoy her...I've written a review which is posted on Cruise Reviews...We had an outside room which was very nice...and either of the choices you are talking about will be that much better....Congrats on your wedding and enjoy your cruise...

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
11, ac, ad, af, cabin, cruise, deck, jewel, ncl, norwegian, pearl, penthouse, pictures, port, refridgerator, review, romance, side, star, suite