Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2006, 05:52 PM

I am going on the pride of aloha on 7/30/06.Ncl called me to say they would upgrade me from an inside room to a ocean vw, most likely with a port window. That woould be great but does anyone have any suggestions which is the best location for less noise and to be less seasick in? I don't know where the upgraded room is yet but I am presently in the middle of the ship on deck 9 fjord. I don't know if I will get seasick as I have never been on a cruise and I want to be sure If I change rooms it is in a good location. Thanks
Kim
Old 07-21-2006, 06:18 PM

I've always been told the lower the deck, the lesser the movement. That said, I've always chosen upper balconies except once (because it was a low-budget trip). The one time I had an inside room, I felt claustrophobic and there was a bit of a hum (engine?) I never had in an outside room. I'd personally go for the outside room no matter where it is. If given a choice of location, stay away from rooms very near the elevator/stairs due to noise.

Best to you. Enjoy your trip.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:59 PM

Don't worry about getting sick. I took Bonine everyday of my first cruise. I didn't feel sick at all. My parents have been on multiple cruises and they swear by Bonine, my dad doesn't get sick and believe me, my dad gets sea sick in a hammock. Great luck with the room upgrade. and Have a Wonderful time.

Oh the Bonine doesn't have any side effects such as the drowsiness of dramamine.
Bye.

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, cruiser, time