Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2005, 06:42 AM

Even though the Norwegian Dream Cruise up the Inside Passage of Alaska had a rough start on August 11, 2005 it ended up a successful trip. My parents just got back from that cruise and they had a great time! They were very pleased with the service on board, the food was good and the entertainment was acceptable. No complaints! The port of call "Sitka" was dropped and they received a $300 credit per room. TW
Old 08-23-2005, 10:40 AM

THANK YOU so much for this report. Many of us going soon have been awaiting news regarding this cruise that departed so late and treated those they picked up at the airport so poorly. It's good to know they may be trying to treat their customers better!
Old 08-23-2005, 12:30 PM

TW:
Could you please ask your parents if they were provided with shampoo, lotion and bathrobes in their cabin? With all of the cutbacks on this line, we don't want to be caught without.
We leave next week on the same cruise.
Thanks again for reporting that it was a success!
Old 08-23-2005, 02:17 PM

MONETTE,

what cutbacks? I went on the new "Norwegian Jewel" earlier this month and they had the same range of in-cabin amenities than on my earlier NCL cruises. No - wait - in addition to those they had a coffee / tea making set, as well (although I doubt they have this on the older ships, as well).

Raoul Fiebig

Old 08-24-2005, 06:25 AM

Monette,
I talked to mom last night and she said there was shampoo and soap but no robe and not sure about the lotion. I would take my own just to be on the safe side. Also I mentioned Sitka was cut and Ketchikan also from there trip. They had a great time, we looked over some pictures last night and they were very satisfied with the cruise and how well they were treated. There room and the ship as a whole was very clean. Relax, have a great time and enjoy! TW
Old 08-24-2005, 07:49 AM

Thanks, TW
ANOTHER port was cut..................wonder if they will keep removing ports! Sitka was the one that really disappoints us and now Ketchikan, besides..................
Well, thanks..............we will pack robes (never had to do that on a cruise before) and lotion. I appreciate your feedback.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:50 PM

TW
We just received this from our Travel Agent:

Dear Monette,

I'd like to thank you for the opportunity to help with your upcoming cruise. It has been my pleasure to be of service.

I just checked again and NCL says the only change is not going to Sitka.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise and make many happy memories!

Best wishes!

Richard Gensch
Travel Counselor

It will be VERY interesting to see if we stop in Ketchikan now!! I can't imagine they would cut it from one cruise and not from the next three of the season yet they just told him only Sitka is dropped. This is all a mystery............wonder where we will go!
Whatever, we plan to have a good time.

Closed Thread