Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2006, 09:56 PM

Where are the best cabin locations??? Who recomends balcony verses ocean veiw, superior ocean veiw?

Also we have a cabin on the deck below the promenade jogging track...do you know if you can hear the people walking and jogging?

We will be on the Wind for the 11 day cruise.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:50 AM
Banned

Every cabin is a great location.
Everybody has a different opinion which is better for your money.
I booked a cabin on the Dream on the same Deck you have on the Wind.
I'm very satisfied with it.

Joggers don't run around the Promenade Deck at 2 AM. Don't worry about loosing any sleep.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:47 PM

What can I say, I am biased now that I have been on the Jewel Deck 4 absolute front of ship. Stay away from cabins low and front - on a ship the size of Jewel (92,000) ifthat ship encounters rocky weather as we did, you will find it very nerve wracking as you sway violently back and forth in the water. The emergency bells came on 3 times one night alerting the crew of heavy swells. Scared the dickens out of me. I had to spend 5 nights on Deck 7 mid ship to quell my fears. There were quite a few other people feeling the same way as me hanging out in middle of ship. From my previous cruises (albeit on larger ships mid deck mid ship best place to be comfortable and avoid motion. Never did get motion sick just scared out of my mind.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Administrator

My grandfather once told me that when choosing a cabin, take out the deck plan (the one on which the decks are laid out one atop the other), and draw an X so that the intersection of the two lines is in the middle of the ship (middle part of middle deck). The further you go out toward the ends of the X, the more motion you are apt to feel.

This has always worked for us. Then again, we also stayed on the top-most passenger deck, furthest-forward cabin, on N. Majesty to Bermuda and didn't feel a thing on sea days -- but perhaps it was the effect of the green apples.

As far as hearing the joggers above, it varies from ship to ship. Some will rope off the areas above the cabins early in the morning for this reason.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:41 PM

I too was on the Jewel deck 4 forward ..uuuggghhh we had fairly calm seas but I found it very noisey from the crashing waves! We always prefer any deck midship, but this was a last minute trip. I am a light sleeper so I had a few restless nights while my husband was snoring away!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, cruise, deck, location, locations, ship, tips