Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2007, 12:30 PM

Hello,
I am new to this site, but am extremly grateful for the many posts that I have read. Here's my question I purchased a NCL cruise for Alaska in December, but now I have noticed that the price has dropped by $100's. I used a TA instead of going directly through NCL. I was wondering if anyone has any luck getting a refund for the differnce? I would appreciate any feedback.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:03 PM

Welcome, Ivannos! Did you ask your TA about this? Many times, when the cruise line comes up with a new (lower) price, the TA can get the price of your reservation changed. This is especially true if you have not yet made the final payment on the cruise. Not sure about a refund, but perhaps you can get the difference in shipboard credit.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:05 PM
Administrator

We received a reduction on our last NCL cruise, BUT, consistent with what Karen said, our TA noticed it before final payment was due. When is your cruise?

BTW, welcome to cruise-chat!
Old 03-26-2007, 09:22 PM

Our cruise is on May 13. I guess I maybe out of luck because my final payment has been made. I checked with my TA and she said that I was in the penality phase. Oh well I quess you live and learn. Thanks for your feedback. This is our second cruise to Alaska, loved the first time around and plan on loving the second.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:51 PM

Sometimes you can get on board credit when the price drops after you've made your final payment. You might ask your TA to try - the worst they can do is say no.

Lisa
Old 04-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Most of the time there isn't much you can do, I've tried and failed. We usually book cruises at the last minute for the best price...but then again, you might miss out on going. If you are retired and can go with a 1 or 2 day notice you can save a bundle. But if there is a certain cruise or time that you want to go, pay up front and just have a great time...it's only money....
Old 04-11-2007, 12:38 PM

The price dropped on our cruise by $100. Today, I called the travel agent and asked for a on board credit of $100. The travel call NCL and they reported I could not get a on board credit. The good news, NCL did upgrade our cabin from a H-9 (cheapest cabin on the boat) to G-11 (up 5 decks and an obstructed view). The upgrade does not sound like much but the upgrade is valued at $500.

I would not have even called my travel agent if I had not read this thread. Thanks OP and good luck to you!

Closed Thread

Tags
america, board, cabin, credit, cruise, cruises, drop, drops, final, holland, lower, luck, payment, price, princess, rccl