Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2004, 12:36 AM

Hi All:

We've just discovered cruisereviews and cruise chat, what a great concept! I love the internet!

Anyway, my husband of (almost) two years and I are headed out on the Dawn on 3/14 and are simply bursting at the seams!

We've read every scrap of info we could find and feel we've already lived life aboard the Dawn vicariously through all you great folks that contribute to these sites.

The main reason I'm writing is, taking advice from Mr. Tractor's mega review on cruisereviews.com, I thought it would be great to meet up with anyone else who might be on our sailing.

Having only taken one other cruise myself, before I met Paul, YEARS ago on the SS Emerald Seas, I am a bit concerned that we won't really meet anyone to hang out with or at least have dinner with once in a while. We're both gregarious guys and one of the best parts about traveling in general is meeting new people.

Personally one of the most exciting aspects of this cruise will be Freestyle. Having read just about every review and having seen a gamut of responses to the question of what the freestyle concept is like, I can't imagine anyone wanting to go back to what I call Nazi style cruising.

Aboard the Emerald Seas, back in 1986 it was great to have the same meal buddies and we had a lot of fun from day one, but I remember being aghast when we first got aboard when my friend who was then a veteran cruiser told us we had to go get in line to get our dinner seating. The first thing out of my mouth, being the shy and retiring guy that I am, was "what the h*ll are you talking about?"

Anyway, ships have gone 'mega' and times have changed, I think for the better, but one thing that has been lost (by what I've read) is that really great aspect of meeting and hanging out with really great people for 7 days. Of course, the converse is that you could get 'stuck' with some folks you'd really rather not be with and that's another great thing to say about freestyle.

Thankfully, we have great sites like this, where guys like me can run on at the mouth forever and hopefully not scare too many people out of the possibility of meeting aboard and getting acquainted and possibly do a little sightseeing and such at different ports.

Okay all thanks for listening and thanks to everyone for all of the help and advice we've gleaned from these sites.

Darryl (& Paul)
Old 02-16-2004, 12:36 AM

Hi All:

We've just discovered cruisereviews and cruise chat, what a great concept! I love the internet!

Anyway, my husband of (almost) two years and I are headed out on the Dawn on 3/14 and are simply bursting at the seams!

We've read every scrap of info we could find and feel we've already lived life aboard the Dawn vicariously through all you great folks that contribute to these sites.

The main reason I'm writing is, taking advice from Mr. Tractor's mega review on cruisereviews.com, I thought it would be great to meet up with anyone else who might be on our sailing.

Having only taken one other cruise myself, before I met Paul, YEARS ago on the SS Emerald Seas, I am a bit concerned that we won't really meet anyone to hang out with or at least have dinner with once in a while. We're both gregarious guys and one of the best parts about traveling in general is meeting new people.

Personally one of the most exciting aspects of this cruise will be Freestyle. Having read just about every review and having seen a gamut of responses to the question of what the freestyle concept is like, I can't imagine anyone wanting to go back to what I call Nazi style cruising.

Aboard the Emerald Seas, back in 1986 it was great to have the same meal buddies and we had a lot of fun from day one, but I remember being aghast when we first got aboard when my friend who was then a veteran cruiser told us we had to go get in line to get our dinner seating. The first thing out of my mouth, being the shy and retiring guy that I am, was "what the h*ll are you talking about?"

Anyway, ships have gone 'mega' and times have changed, I think for the better, but one thing that has been lost (by what I've read) is that really great aspect of meeting and hanging out with really great people for 7 days. Of course, the converse is that you could get 'stuck' with some folks you'd really rather not be with and that's another great thing to say about freestyle.

Thankfully, we have great sites like this, where guys like me can run on at the mouth forever and hopefully not scare too many people out of the possibility of meeting aboard and getting acquainted and possibly do a little sightseeing and such at different ports.

Okay all thanks for listening and thanks to everyone for all of the help and advice we've gleaned from these sites.

Darryl (& Paul)

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-16-2004, 09:55 PM

Hi I RoseAnn from Maryland and my daughter and i will be cruising March 14 on the Dawn too. I did Bermuda 2 years ago with RCI and Cathy's first. It is her first cruise and she is 19 and this spring break for her. She is a college dance major from radford university in VA. She wanted to see some of the dancing on the ship to get an idea. I am a travel agent and rarely cruise. I prefer all inclusvie caribbean or tour europe. But like they say once you cruise you always cruise so i am hooked and here i am. I am sure she will find some friends her age and maybe there might be a group of people we could all meet up on the ship. it should be fun and i am looking forward to it
Old 02-17-2004, 11:49 AM

Hi RoseAnn:

Thanks for the reply, let us know if you'd like to get together for a drink or just to say hello to someone who isn't completely a stranger. We don't have a cabin # yet since we opted for the "guaranteed upgrade" category, I guess we'll know those details by the end of Feb.

As you say, getting a group together that's all sailing would be fun. We enjoy diverse groups and love meeting new people!

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
emerald, scrap, seas, ss