Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-line/)
-   -   Adult Refillable Soda Fountain Cup ? (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-line/30997-adult-refillable-soda-fountain-cup.html)

graneb 10-27-2006 02:09 AM

Hallo,

does anybody know what this feature actually means? Is it valid on the whole ship(Jewel),
in any restaurant and bar?
From the NCL internet page:
Quote:

Adult Refillable Soda Fountain Cup
Unlimited Fountain Soda
Includes: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic
The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.
Prepaid @ $5.75 per day per person x Cruise days
And how can I book it? Has it to be booked in advance? I just can't find the right button in the internet.
I hope somebody can answer my questions.

Gruss graneb

ute_fan 10-27-2006 07:04 AM

I saw one recent report that said you couldn't use it in the bars, but we've always been able to use it anywhere on the ship for our 3 previous cruises.

I wouldn't bother pre-ordering it. I think you can, but with NCL's new website, I don't know if that function is even working. Just go to any bar the first day and tell them you want to purchase the soda card and they'll charge it to your sign and sail account.

Last time we went, there was an additional $2 charge for the refillable "mug", which is a cup that looks about like a coke can, but I think holds less than 12 ounces. They also put a sticker on your sign and sail card -- and you just show that and then get your drink. Also, they normally won't give you canned soda as part of the program. It's usually limited to the soda dispensed at the bars or brought to you by your wait staff.

Jim C. 10-27-2006 07:52 AM

Don't bother with the refillable mug.. just get the sticker. Why would you want to lug around a mug all day?

MitchH 10-27-2006 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ute_fan:
I saw one recent report that said you couldn't use it in the bars, but we've always been able to use it anywhere on the ship for our 3 previous cruises.

I wouldn't bother pre-ordering it. I think you can, but with NCL's new website, I don't know if that function is even working. Just go to any bar the first day and tell them you want to purchase the soda card and they'll charge it to your sign and sail account.

Last time we went, there was an additional $2 charge for the refillable "mug", which is a cup that looks about like a coke can, but I think holds less than 12 ounces. They also put a sticker on your sign and sail card -- and you just show that and then get your drink. Also, they normally won't give you canned soda as part of the program. It's usually limited to the soda dispensed at the bars or brought to you by your wait staff.
do they have juice to or do they offer it?

ute_fan 10-27-2006 01:21 PM

There's juice available in the buffet, but I'm pretty sure it's only during the breakfast hours.

goeers 11-28-2006 08:30 PM

I wouldn't bother. There are many places where you can get ice tea or other non-soda drinks free. If your cabin has a fridge, take some cans of soda or bottles of water. I usually pack some canned cokes and a few bottles of water and roll them on the ship at boarding. I put my prescription drugs in a zip lock bag on top. They don't care! Nobody says anything since it's not hard stuff. Any complaints, tell them you need it to take medications.