Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2008, 10:30 AM

Hi! I'm considering booking a cruise on the Spirit for April 09 with my husband. Cruised Carnival before and just want some feedback before we book with NCL.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:24 AM

Hi bankonit, welcome to Cruise-Chat. NCL offers a very good product for a very good price. I've been on NCL 3 times and am sailing on them again in September. I'm excited to see the changes. The last time I went, they didn't have the freestyle dining. I love the Dive-In program and if you like snorkeling or diving, it's a great option. It is a different cruise line than Carnival. If you go not comparing the two, and enjoying the experience, I think you'll find it a wonderful cruise. A coworker of mine went on a 7 day out of New Orleans last year, and hasn't stopped talking about it. He absolutely loved it. They don't have formal nights, and a lot of people enjoy that. I've always received great service on board, enjoyed the food, and had a wonderful time. Best wishes, and hope to hear from you again on our board!
Old 07-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by bankonit:
Hi! I'm considering booking a cruise on the Spirit for April 09 with my husband. Cruised Carnival before and just want some feedback before we book with NCL.
Go ahead and book the Norwegian Spirit. I had a grand time aboard the Spirit a few years ago. It's one of my favorite ships.......
Old 07-17-2008, 01:42 AM

Hi penny, thanks for the feedback. My husband and I will probably do the 7 day from New Orleans to Belize, Cozumel, and so forth. We will probably enjoy the no formal nights also. Carnival is a pretty good cruiseline, but would like to try something different. Are you allowed to bring water and soda onto the ship? I know that we are not allowed to bring alcohol. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
Hi bankonit, welcome to Cruise-Chat. NCL offers a very good product for a very good price. I've been on NCL 3 times and am sailing on them again in September. I'm excited to see the changes. The last time I went, they didn't have the freestyle dining. I love the Dive-In program and if you like snorkeling or diving, it's a great option. It is a different cruise line than Carnival. If you go not comparing the two, and enjoying the experience, I think you'll find it a wonderful cruise. A coworker of mine went on a 7 day out of New Orleans last year, and hasn't stopped talking about it. He absolutely loved it. They don't have formal nights, and a lot of people enjoy that. I've always received great service on board, enjoyed the food, and had a wonderful time. Best wishes, and hope to hear from you again on our board!
Old 07-17-2008, 01:43 AM

Thanks Ron. We will probably do just that.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Clark:
quote:
Originally posted by bankonit:
Go ahead and book the Norwegian Spirit. I had a grand time aboard the Spirit a few years ago. It's one of my favorite ships.......
Old 07-17-2008, 05:06 AM
Administrator

Hi bankonit, and welcome to cruise-chat.com.

Quote:
Are you allowed to bring water and soda onto the ship?
Yes... both are permitted by NCL.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:50 AM

Just an addendum to Lisa's reply. Don't load yourself down with water. The ship's water is as good if not better than bottled water. If you want, bring a couple of bottles with you, then just fill them up to go on shore. With the luggage restrictions through the airlines now, it's not worth taking up valuable space. Of course, you could be driving, but why lug it around. The itinerary you're taking is what my co-worker went on. His favorite port was Belize and he said the snorkeling there was amazing. They took a catamaran out to the reef. He booked it through the ship and said it was the best out of all the excursions he went on. Have a wonderful time!
Old 07-28-2008, 06:48 PM

Just got back and have been on several and this was the first time I had the "free-style" cruising. Have to say I did not like it due to having to wait in line for the good restaurants. The waiters did not "work" because they knew they were going to get tips. Also the men waiters far outweighed the women. The women had "chips" on their shoulders. They did not have a midnight buffet - only a chocolate buffet. They crimp on a bit. Also do not like having to pay for specialty restaurants. But you decide.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:37 PM
I've been on 14 NCL cruises and have another booked in January....I like the "Freestyle" concept...and I've never had a problem with the staff not doing their jobs.....|Their job is to please you and that's what they do....if they don't...they are back home and no job....I'm heading to Alaska next month on Carnival...just for a change too...I've never cruise on Carnival and thought it was time to do so...plus I got a very good rate....Don't be afraid of NCL....Happy Cruising..Come on the Pearl with me on Jan 18th:-)....

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
allowed, booking, ncl, online, water