Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2009, 03:22 PM

This will be our first cruise and we are very excited about it. Going with wife alongwith grown up kids
Old 01-11-2009, 04:24 PM

Welcome to cruise chat. I hope you have a great time on the NCL Sky. I went on it twice in 2008. It's a nice ship.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:51 PM
We were on Her twice also, Sept,2002 Alaska and July 4th,2004 as the Pride of Aloha in Hawaii and would like to do another cruise on her again maybe this coming year. I understand she is going in for some up grades. We enjoyed her both times so let us know how you liked her and the ports when you get back.

Enjoy the cruise.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-15-2009, 05:57 AM

We might be on the Sky on the 27th. We need the tax refund to pay for it and the family needs to decide 3 day cruise in Feb or 4 day in April. We'll be cruising with our 5 teen/pre-teen boys.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:15 AM

I have a question regarding free style cruising tip which is automatically added in our account. That means we dont have to tip personally anymore? Or the staff still expect cash tip during serving? Doent it look awkward not to tip during service when enough amount is already added in our account per head per day.............
Old 01-17-2009, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by SUDHIR:
I have a question regarding free style cruising tip which is automatically added in our account. That means we dont have to tip personally anymore? Or the staff still expect cash tip during serving? Doent it look awkward not to tip during service when enough amount is already added in our account per head per day.............
You don't have to tip anymore than is already taken out. If you get above and beyond service you may tip extra if you like. After a day or two on board you will know what is above and beyond service.

Enjoy your cruise.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:19 PM

I will first cruise on 27th Feb on Norwegian Sky with Husband and 2 years daughter too.

I have some questions.
1) Should I bring a stroller for my daughter?
2) Is there any bed for my baby or share a bed with me?
3) We will arrive the port of Miami from NY. From what time can we check in the ship? And from what time can we use restaurants?
4) Are the cabins cleaned everyday? If yes, should I leave tips as Hotels?

Excuse me for my poor English and bad grammar.
If I get this response, it will be really helpful for me.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:55 PM
Banned

Kei:

1) Yes, I would bring a stroller....the ship will not provide any.
2) There is not room for cribs in the staterooms. 2 year old will sleep with you.
3) Ship will start boarding about 12:00 PM
4) Yes you will be able to eat once on board....usually the buffet area is open.
5) Cabin stewards will tend to the room twice each day, in the mornings and evenings.

Have a great cruise.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
2) There is not room for cribs in the staterooms. 2 year old will sleep with you.
This is not correct. We've cruised with our son every year since he was almost a year old, and there has always been room for a separate sleep area for him, even when we stayed in the tiniest of cabins. Until he was almost 2, we requested a crib in the cabin. After that, we used a sleeping bag that we brought from home. (There are many that can be inflated, so they take up little packing room.) There will be no reason for her to sleep with you... it would even be dangerous as the beds are pushed together, leaving a small gap. I don't even want to think about what could happen.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Banned

Kei:

What type of cabin do you have......I should have asked that question before answering about the sleeping arrangements with your 2 year old.

Inside cabin?
Oceanview?
Balcony?
Mini-suite?
Suite?

If inside cabin, room size may be very tight for cribs. I guess with a sleeping bag, you can put the 2 year on the small couch cushion.

If anything other than inside, the sofa would be an alternative.

If you use the bed for your 2 year old....just ask the cabin steward for a mattress pad, and you will have no problems with any split in the bed. There is no way anyone could fall between the split of the bed.

I seriously doubt any dangerous situations have been reported where a passenger has fallen between the split of the beds.

Closed Thread

Tags
accessdeskncl, average, bed, check, cribs, cruise, day, mt, norwegian, norweigen, norweign, reviews, sky, speed, time, toddler, type