Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2008, 04:03 PM

I just booked the Gem leaving from Barcelona for my partners 50th. He has never cruised before and I only once (regent 7seas-Baltic). A few questions:
1. Booked a GUR Mini Suite-Was this a good idea to do a GUR or should I just book an area of the ship that looks good.
2. What would that area be?
3. Should we go with NCL's shore excursions or should I do my homework and plan our own.
4. Should I do a bar set up or bring a bottle? (sorry about this one...Ive been reading hundreds of posts but we love a martini before dinner)
5. Ill stop there.....
Old 03-06-2008, 04:53 AM
slagre-We sailed the Gem the last week of Jan. 08 thruthe first week of Feb. 08, We had several friends in the mini-suites at numerous locations on the upper decks. There wasn't an undesireable location among them,a Guar. cabin will be fine,don't worry about it.
Unless you speak the local language and/or have been into a foreign port before and know your way around it is a good idea to stick with the ship's tours.
Bringing liquor on board is a cruiseline nono and hardly worth the bother. The Martini Bar on board the Gem offers soooo many delicious options at reasonable prices-why bother to compete? Besides every stateroom has a fully stocked minibar!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 03-06-2008, 03:34 PM

Thanks Billy, I have been doing lots of research and will order a bar set up! Booked on the 11th floor and will just go with it. Extremely excited. The ship looks awesome!
Old 03-26-2008, 10:10 PM

Hi Billy - We are Aussies booked for a Norwegian Jade Cruise in August 2008 - this cruise is in the Med. We have travelled with NCL in Alaska before - can you tell us wether covercharges and drink prices etc are about the same even if the cruise is Euope based.

Regards
Bossman
Old 03-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Bossman-In the past there was not too much probability of price changes but given the devaluation of the US Dollar,The rising value of the Euro and the overall World economies-I'm not betting on it! Still the Gem is a great ship and NCL is still a bargain-

Bon Voyage!

BillyBuzzy
Old 04-06-2008, 07:00 PM

Thanks Billy - advice appreciated!

Closed Thread

Tags
barcelona, cruise, gem, norwegian, reviews