Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Berick1234:
I'm an NCL addict, but I can't make myself like the Epic....It is an Ugly duckling and it's not going to turn into a swan...My stumbling block is the bathroom situation and I won't be getting over it.....Give me the Pearl over and over.....sorry Epic, I won't be riding on you...

Bob E
That's a shame because the NCL Epic is a fabulous ship. The bathroom is really a non-issue, blown way out of proportion than need be. Each side has it's own frosted door.
Simply pulling the drape across the whole area provides the same privacy as the regular styled bathrooms.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:24 AM

Thanks, billybuzzy, you are going to LOVE her. She is one of the smoothest sailing ships I've been on. And I loved the Spice H20 Zone.

Cruise Fanatic, I agree. In fact, I really like the concept of the bathroom. The curtain just didn't keep the steam in like the door does, so it was nippy for me getting out of the shower. BUT, I know I'm overly sensitive to the cold. It was so nice to be able to shower while Ron was keeping the other sections busy. The sink design actually kept the water off of the floor. I always dripped water coming out of the shower, even though I tried my best to hit the bath mat It definitely was not a show stopper and it was only a few drops. I know I'm weird, but I try to keep the cabin as clean as I can for the steward.

Berick1234, I'm sorry you won't give her a try. You really don't see the outside until you're in port and the inside of the ship is magnificent. When I'd go outside to walk (deck 7) you actually just saw the lifeboats and the water. Truthfully, by the end of the cruise, she didn't look that strange to me. I just wish I had been on a back to back because there are so many areas of the ship that I didn't get to spend a great deal of time in. I tried to hit as many places as possible, but just ran out of hours.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:15 PM
I guess I'm just a person who likes his bathroom "all-in-one"....But as far as new ships go, I think RCL did a much better job with the Oasis and the upcoming Allure....of my 24 cruises, the Oasis wins the prize as the best all around ship I've been on....I probably won't cruise on the Allure, but will sail on the NCL Pearl again.....but then again, any ship is better than none at all...Happy sailing on whichever ship you choose....

Bob E
Old 11-15-2010, 08:54 AM

I definitely want to try the Oasis or the Allure, they're just going to have to come down on their prices a bit. Having to fill 2 ships with 5400 passengers a week is going to be a challenge, so the prices may indeed fall a bit. We had a couple that had sailed on the Oasis the week before they sailed the Epic. They told me the Aqua Show was spectacular. I didn't get to ask them at the end of the cruise which one they enjoyed more, but I'm sure they had a good time on both.

I'm off on the Sky again in February
Old 11-15-2010, 03:20 PM
penny3333......The NCL Sky is a very Comfortable ship and well kept with a first class crew...You will love the forward lounge for just sitting and relaxing!!! The crew is excellent and the food is great!! If You can give the Le Bistro French Restaurant a go...Not only for a fabulous meal but it has terrific Ambiance!!! Enjoy..We'll be on her again in Dec 2011 (right after Our Epic Cruise in October)!!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 11-16-2010, 08:57 AM

Billybuzzy,the Sky was a good itinerary, a good price, and a great time. Just couldn't pass it up.

You've got some fantastic cruises coming up, too! Especially, the Epic! If they offer the murder mystery, you need to book it. It was so much fun. I even guessed the right murderer
Old 12-12-2010, 04:49 AM

Nice pics!!
We sail on 1/15....REALLY looking forward to it!!
2009--NCL Sky
2009--Carnival Destiny
2009--RCCL Freedom of the Seas
2008--Celebrity Constellation
2007--HAL Westerdam
2007--RCCL Liberty of the Seas
2006--Caribbean Princess
2005--RCCL Brilliance of the Seas
2003--Carnival Imagination
2002--RCCL Monarch of the Seas
2001--RCCL Majesty of the Seas
2000--Carnival Imagination
1999--Carnival Fascination
1998--RCCL Majesty of the Seas
1996--RCCL Majesty of the Seas
1994--NCL Windward
1993--NCL Westward

Closed Thread

Tags
11, allure, bathroom, caribbean, cruise, embarkation, epic, making, ncl, pics, pictures, port, review, reviews, royal